Jul 10, 2012, 12:46 PM EDT
Chase Utley and Ryan Howard are already back in the Phillies’ lineup and now there’s some more good injury news in Philadelphia, as Todd Zolecki of MLB.com reports that Roy Halladay has been cleared to begin a minor-league rehab assignment Thursday at Single-A.
Halladay has been out since late May with a shoulder injury, but reported no problems following multiple bullpen sessions last week and convinced the Phillies he was ready to go straight to a rehab assignment rather than doing any simulated games first.
There’s no official timetable for his return from the disabled list yet–and the Phillies tend to be less than forthcoming about such things anyway–but barring a setback Halladay could rejoin the rotation by the end of the month.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (111)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)