Jul 10, 2012, 12:46 PM EDT
Chase Utley and Ryan Howard are already back in the Phillies’ lineup and now there’s some more good injury news in Philadelphia, as Todd Zolecki of MLB.com reports that Roy Halladay has been cleared to begin a minor-league rehab assignment Thursday at Single-A.
Halladay has been out since late May with a shoulder injury, but reported no problems following multiple bullpen sessions last week and convinced the Phillies he was ready to go straight to a rehab assignment rather than doing any simulated games first.
There’s no official timetable for his return from the disabled list yet–and the Phillies tend to be less than forthcoming about such things anyway–but barring a setback Halladay could rejoin the rotation by the end of the month.
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 7
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 24
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 43
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 27
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The wait is over: The Cubs are calling up top prospect Kris Bryant on Friday 99
- Carlos Gomez headed to disabled list with hamstring injury 11
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract 153
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (124)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)