Jul 10, 2012, 12:46 PM EST
Chase Utley and Ryan Howard are already back in the Phillies’ lineup and now there’s some more good injury news in Philadelphia, as Todd Zolecki of MLB.com reports that Roy Halladay has been cleared to begin a minor-league rehab assignment Thursday at Single-A.
Halladay has been out since late May with a shoulder injury, but reported no problems following multiple bullpen sessions last week and convinced the Phillies he was ready to go straight to a rehab assignment rather than doing any simulated games first.
There’s no official timetable for his return from the disabled list yet–and the Phillies tend to be less than forthcoming about such things anyway–but barring a setback Halladay could rejoin the rotation by the end of the month.
- Matt Harvey makes his return. And he was really impressive. 15
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 28
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 34
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (379)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (146)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)