Jul 10, 2012, 12:46 PM EST
Chase Utley and Ryan Howard are already back in the Phillies’ lineup and now there’s some more good injury news in Philadelphia, as Todd Zolecki of MLB.com reports that Roy Halladay has been cleared to begin a minor-league rehab assignment Thursday at Single-A.
Halladay has been out since late May with a shoulder injury, but reported no problems following multiple bullpen sessions last week and convinced the Phillies he was ready to go straight to a rehab assignment rather than doing any simulated games first.
There’s no official timetable for his return from the disabled list yet–and the Phillies tend to be less than forthcoming about such things anyway–but barring a setback Halladay could rejoin the rotation by the end of the month.
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 82
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 46
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 31
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 144
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)