Jul 10, 2012, 12:46 PM EDT
Chase Utley and Ryan Howard are already back in the Phillies’ lineup and now there’s some more good injury news in Philadelphia, as Todd Zolecki of MLB.com reports that Roy Halladay has been cleared to begin a minor-league rehab assignment Thursday at Single-A.
Halladay has been out since late May with a shoulder injury, but reported no problems following multiple bullpen sessions last week and convinced the Phillies he was ready to go straight to a rehab assignment rather than doing any simulated games first.
There’s no official timetable for his return from the disabled list yet–and the Phillies tend to be less than forthcoming about such things anyway–but barring a setback Halladay could rejoin the rotation by the end of the month.
- Miguel Cabrera ties Hank Greenberg with 331st career homer 7
- Bud Selig’s view on replay has “evolved” 13
- Umpires use replay on controversial Matt Joyce home run 12
- Rangers put Ian Kinsler on the 15-day disabled list and call up top prospect Jurickson Profar 6
- Carlos Ruiz leaves game with strained right hamstring 2
- PBT: Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Senators sneak past Penguins in two overtimes
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot
- Ferguson's managerial career ends with 5-5 draw
- Moore stays unbeaten as Rays top Orioles