Jul 11, 2012, 9:01 AM EDT
On the disabled list with a groin injury, CC Sabathia threw a bullpen session yesterday while at Kauffman Stadium for the All-Star game and reported no problems afterward.
Sabathia told Bryan Hoch of MLB.com that he’ll be ready to come off the DL when eligible on July 17, adding: “I feel pretty good. My arm feels great, I haven’t felt the injury. I would assume that I’ll go out and be ready to go.”
Because of the All-Star break Sabathia will miss just three turns in the Yankees’ rotation, although before returning he’ll have to avoid a setback while completing a 60-pitch simulated game Friday.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 105
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8