Jul 11, 2012, 9:01 AM EST
On the disabled list with a groin injury, CC Sabathia threw a bullpen session yesterday while at Kauffman Stadium for the All-Star game and reported no problems afterward.
Sabathia told Bryan Hoch of MLB.com that he’ll be ready to come off the DL when eligible on July 17, adding: “I feel pretty good. My arm feels great, I haven’t felt the injury. I would assume that I’ll go out and be ready to go.”
Because of the All-Star break Sabathia will miss just three turns in the Yankees’ rotation, although before returning he’ll have to avoid a setback while completing a 60-pitch simulated game Friday.
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 13
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 17
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 27
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 33
- Media paying for athlete interviews? Not likely. But watch this stuff closely anyway. 20
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)