Jul 11, 2012, 9:01 AM EDT
On the disabled list with a groin injury, CC Sabathia threw a bullpen session yesterday while at Kauffman Stadium for the All-Star game and reported no problems afterward.
Sabathia told Bryan Hoch of MLB.com that he’ll be ready to come off the DL when eligible on July 17, adding: “I feel pretty good. My arm feels great, I haven’t felt the injury. I would assume that I’ll go out and be ready to go.”
Because of the All-Star break Sabathia will miss just three turns in the Yankees’ rotation, although before returning he’ll have to avoid a setback while completing a 60-pitch simulated game Friday.
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 2
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 113
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 3
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 26
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (116)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)