Jul 11, 2012, 7:59 PM EST
MacDougal, who began the 2012 season with the Dodgers, posted a 7.85 ERA and 2.56 WHIP across 19 relief appearances for the Iowa Cubs, walking 16 batters and fanning only 11 in 18 1/3 innings of work.
A 12-year major league veteran, he’ll presumably attempt to latch on with another organization.
In other Chicago baseball news, the White Sox have cut ties with left-hander Scott Olsen. He hasn’t pitched in the bigs since the 2010 season and had appeared in only three games this year in their minor league system.
- Report: MLB panel split on Josh Hamilton punishment; one-year suspension is in play 0
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 3
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 1
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 357
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (355)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- John Baker, Jeremy Brown, coal mines and class (80)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (72)