Jul 11, 2012, 7:59 PM EST
MacDougal, who began the 2012 season with the Dodgers, posted a 7.85 ERA and 2.56 WHIP across 19 relief appearances for the Iowa Cubs, walking 16 batters and fanning only 11 in 18 1/3 innings of work.
A 12-year major league veteran, he’ll presumably attempt to latch on with another organization.
In other Chicago baseball news, the White Sox have cut ties with left-hander Scott Olsen. He hasn’t pitched in the bigs since the 2010 season and had appeared in only three games this year in their minor league system.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (98)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)