Jul 11, 2012, 7:59 PM EDT
MacDougal, who began the 2012 season with the Dodgers, posted a 7.85 ERA and 2.56 WHIP across 19 relief appearances for the Iowa Cubs, walking 16 batters and fanning only 11 in 18 1/3 innings of work.
A 12-year major league veteran, he’ll presumably attempt to latch on with another organization.
In other Chicago baseball news, the White Sox have cut ties with left-hander Scott Olsen. He hasn’t pitched in the bigs since the 2010 season and had appeared in only three games this year in their minor league system.
- Blue Jays manager John Gibbons will return in 2015 3
- HBT Daily: Why did Frank Wren get the axe? 2
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 57
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 26
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 46
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (89)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)