Jul 11, 2012, 7:59 PM EDT
MacDougal, who began the 2012 season with the Dodgers, posted a 7.85 ERA and 2.56 WHIP across 19 relief appearances for the Iowa Cubs, walking 16 batters and fanning only 11 in 18 1/3 innings of work.
A 12-year major league veteran, he’ll presumably attempt to latch on with another organization.
In other Chicago baseball news, the White Sox have cut ties with left-hander Scott Olsen. He hasn’t pitched in the bigs since the 2010 season and had appeared in only three games this year in their minor league system.
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 0
- Tigers acquire closer Joakim Soria from the Rangers 41
- Phillies officials “have contemplated the possibility of paying off” and releasing Ryan Howard 37
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 20
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 158
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 33
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 29
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (158)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)