Jul 11, 2012, 7:59 PM EDT
MacDougal, who began the 2012 season with the Dodgers, posted a 7.85 ERA and 2.56 WHIP across 19 relief appearances for the Iowa Cubs, walking 16 batters and fanning only 11 in 18 1/3 innings of work.
A 12-year major league veteran, he’ll presumably attempt to latch on with another organization.
In other Chicago baseball news, the White Sox have cut ties with left-hander Scott Olsen. He hasn’t pitched in the bigs since the 2010 season and had appeared in only three games this year in their minor league system.
- The Troy Tulowitzki trade might be the strangest deadline deal ever 1
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects 78
- Alex Rodriguez celebrates 40th birthday with a home run 10
- Mets acquire Tyler Clippard from the Athletics 19
- Angels acquire Shane Victorino from Red Sox 25
- Happy 40th Birthday, A-Rod! 44
- Craig Biggio, John Smoltz, Randy Johnson and Pedro Martinez inducted into the Hall of Fame 41
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (156)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- MLBPAA announces “Heart and Hustle” award, given mostly to Americans and white guys (131)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)