Jul 11, 2012, 7:59 PM EST
MacDougal, who began the 2012 season with the Dodgers, posted a 7.85 ERA and 2.56 WHIP across 19 relief appearances for the Iowa Cubs, walking 16 batters and fanning only 11 in 18 1/3 innings of work.
A 12-year major league veteran, he’ll presumably attempt to latch on with another organization.
In other Chicago baseball news, the White Sox have cut ties with left-hander Scott Olsen. He hasn’t pitched in the bigs since the 2010 season and had appeared in only three games this year in their minor league system.
- Former Major Leaguer Gabe Kapler wants concussions to remain part of the game 0
- Carlos Beltran introduced by the Yankees, takes a shot at the Mets 13
- The Grant Balfour-Orioles deal is dead 24
- Kevin Youkilis is going to play in Japan 28
- Report: Rakuten will not allow Masahiro Tanaka come to the United States 64
- Hall of Fame voting expert: Greg Maddux makes it. No one else does. (105)
- Robinson Cano, Yankees trade barbs about “disrespect” (104)
- I don’t know what the best baseball song is, but it ain’t John freakin’ Fogerty (101)
- Happy Birthday, Ty Cobb! (89)
- ‘Tis the season for people acting incredibly dumb (74)