Jul 11, 2012, 4:16 PM EDT
Dillon Gee will be discharged today after being hospitalized for finger numbness that stemmed from a blood clot in his shoulder, but according to a statement released by the Mets he may still require surgery.
Dillon was scheduled to start the second-half opener Friday, but instead he’s been placed on the disabled list and is out indefinitely.
Doctors used a catheter to break up the blood clot, but Gee may need further procedures to avoid a re-occurrence or additional complications.
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 50
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 29
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 12
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 17
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 39
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (77)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)