Jul 11, 2012, 4:16 PM EDT
Dillon Gee will be discharged today after being hospitalized for finger numbness that stemmed from a blood clot in his shoulder, but according to a statement released by the Mets he may still require surgery.
Dillon was scheduled to start the second-half opener Friday, but instead he’s been placed on the disabled list and is out indefinitely.
Doctors used a catheter to break up the blood clot, but Gee may need further procedures to avoid a re-occurrence or additional complications.
- Orioles acquire Kelly Johnson from the Red Sox 5
- Orioles acquire Alejandro De Aza from the White Sox 5
- Bryce Harper is 15th player in MLB history to reach 50 career homers before age-22 season 30
- The Dodgers took the shift to the extreme last night 47
- VIDEO: Jorge Soler hits two long home runs in third major league game 20
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 18
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 37
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 32
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)