Jul 11, 2012, 4:16 PM EDT
Dillon Gee will be discharged today after being hospitalized for finger numbness that stemmed from a blood clot in his shoulder, but according to a statement released by the Mets he may still require surgery.
Dillon was scheduled to start the second-half opener Friday, but instead he’s been placed on the disabled list and is out indefinitely.
Doctors used a catheter to break up the blood clot, but Gee may need further procedures to avoid a re-occurrence or additional complications.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 4
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 18
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)