Jul 11, 2012, 4:00 PM EDT
ESPN the Magazine’s answer to the SI Swimsuit issue is its annual “Body Issue.” Which is at least more honest than the Swimsuit Issue is in its intentions of giving you beef and/or cheesecake. I mean, it’s been a while since I read the Swimsuit Issue, but back in the day they had the prices of the swimsuits next to the pictures, as if anyone was reading it for the latest swimwear fashions.
Anyway, ESPN is also upfront about its desire to sell a bunch of magazines with this, so it makes multiple covers to appeal to multiple sport and/or softcore porn buying constituencies. There are covers with men, some with women, some with football players, some with basketball, etc.
The cropped pic I feature here is from the baseball player. Guess who it is. When you give up, go here for the full monty, er, I mean the full picture and the answer.
Baseball comes back Friday, folks. Bear with us until then.
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 0
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 9
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 9
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 22
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 43
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 11
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 77
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (263)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)