Jul 11, 2012, 4:00 PM EDT
ESPN the Magazine’s answer to the SI Swimsuit issue is its annual “Body Issue.” Which is at least more honest than the Swimsuit Issue is in its intentions of giving you beef and/or cheesecake. I mean, it’s been a while since I read the Swimsuit Issue, but back in the day they had the prices of the swimsuits next to the pictures, as if anyone was reading it for the latest swimwear fashions.
Anyway, ESPN is also upfront about its desire to sell a bunch of magazines with this, so it makes multiple covers to appeal to multiple sport and/or softcore porn buying constituencies. There are covers with men, some with women, some with football players, some with basketball, etc.
The cropped pic I feature here is from the baseball player. Guess who it is. When you give up, go here for the full monty, er, I mean the full picture and the answer.
Baseball comes back Friday, folks. Bear with us until then.
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 2
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 4
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 83
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 51
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 6
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (90)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (86)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)