Jul 11, 2012, 10:15 AM EDT
J.C. Romero is a free agent again after opting out of his minor-league deal with the Orioles following 17 appearances at Triple-A.
Since the beginning of last season Romero has been employed by the Orioles, Cardinals, Phillies, Nationals, Yankees, and Rockies. And going back even further he also worked for the Twins, Angels, and Red Sox.
He hasn’t been particularly effective in years and hasn’t been more than a control-challenged left-handed specialist for longer than that, yet at age 36 he keeps getting opportunities to prove himself.
Well, in Triple-A at least.
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (84)
- Blackhawks win OT thriller
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PBT: Celts, Clips restart Doc, KG trade talks
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming