Jul 11, 2012, 10:15 AM EDT
J.C. Romero is a free agent again after opting out of his minor-league deal with the Orioles following 17 appearances at Triple-A.
Since the beginning of last season Romero has been employed by the Orioles, Cardinals, Phillies, Nationals, Yankees, and Rockies. And going back even further he also worked for the Twins, Angels, and Red Sox.
He hasn’t been particularly effective in years and hasn’t been more than a control-challenged left-handed specialist for longer than that, yet at age 36 he keeps getting opportunities to prove himself.
Well, in Triple-A at least.
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 2
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 113
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 3
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 26
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (118)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)