Jul 11, 2012, 10:15 AM EST
J.C. Romero is a free agent again after opting out of his minor-league deal with the Orioles following 17 appearances at Triple-A.
Since the beginning of last season Romero has been employed by the Orioles, Cardinals, Phillies, Nationals, Yankees, and Rockies. And going back even further he also worked for the Twins, Angels, and Red Sox.
He hasn’t been particularly effective in years and hasn’t been more than a control-challenged left-handed specialist for longer than that, yet at age 36 he keeps getting opportunities to prove himself.
Well, in Triple-A at least.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)