Reminder: Showtime’s “The Franchise” returns tonight

Jul 11, 2012, 8:44 PM EDT

marlins ap AP

If you have Showtime and you like baseball, you probably won’t want to miss the second season of “The Franchise,” which debuts tonight at 10 PM ET.

Last year’s inside look at the Giants was endlessly interesting, and MLB’s PR director told me earlier this week at the 2012 MLB All-Star Gala that the Marlins were even more willing to open their lives to the Showtime cameras. Here’s a sneak peek:

1. butchhuskey - Jul 11, 2012 at 9:32 PM

Heath, there’s a reason they have no confidence in you.

2. randygnyc - Jul 11, 2012 at 9:40 PM

I’ll watch it. Morbid curiosity

• Old Gator - Jul 11, 2012 at 11:30 PM

Ozzie needs to be subtitled. It worked wonders for Toho Studios, didn’t it?

• Gamera the Brave - Jul 12, 2012 at 9:56 AM

I love those old Toho movies where a the disebodies PA voice starts blaring over Tokyo: “All citizens beware! Ozzie is approaching the city!”
        (A woman turns, points, screams…)

3. brownsbraves11 - Jul 12, 2012 at 3:04 AM

“When your closer blows a save it’s like having your girlfriend over and you’re about to have sex with her and then right before she says ‘I gotta go home'”. Ozzie uncensored is must-see TV. Always saying something awesome.

• Old Gator - Jul 12, 2012 at 7:25 AM

Sounds to me like Slobbering Ozzie’s been dating his right hand lately.

4. mf44srq - Jul 12, 2012 at 7:51 AM

MLB produced that piece of crap?!? I would think the last thing MLB wants is a foul mouthed idiot like Ozzie representing the face of baseball.

Parents of young baseball players. Do not let them watch Showtimes “The Franchise”. Crap television detailing a crappy team led by a crappy manager, run by a crappy president, and owned by a crappy owner… The majority of baseball is not that screwed up… I hope the Marlins finish last forever…

• liamj55 - Jul 12, 2012 at 9:27 AM

Maybe because the show isn’t for kids. It is on SHOWTIME not network TV. It is a realistic view of what goes on in an MLB Clubhouse. I guess your part of the drones in America that don’t realize they need to think in life.

5. icanspeel - Jul 12, 2012 at 9:39 AM

I found the 2 minute clip hilarious, so may check it out. Ozzie will definitely steal the show.

6. SmackSaw - Jul 12, 2012 at 11:20 AM

Ozzie is the only reason to watch the fu8kin’ thing. He’s the fuc9in’ star.

7. Old Gator - Jul 12, 2012 at 1:54 PM

Was that roadrunner actually saying “motherfucker, motherfucker”?

Can Angels recoup loss of Richards?
  1. R. Castillo (4597)