Jul 12, 2012, 5:30 PM EDT
The All-Star break is the slowest news time of the regular season. Just brutal. Even Major League Baseball must be bored, because they released the minor league suspensions at 4pm today instead of waiting until the customary 5pm. Anyway:
Philadelphia Phillies Minor League left-handed pitcher Ranger Suarez has been suspended for 50 games without pay after testing positive for metabolites of Stanozolol. The suspension of Suarez, who is currently on the roster of the Venezuelan Summer League Phillies, is effective immediately.
Free agent Minor League right-handed pitcher Daniel Cordero has been suspended for 50 games without pay for testing positive for metabolites of Stanozolol. The suspension of Cordero will be effective immediately upon his signing with another Major League organization.
Gosh, a Summer League player and a free agent. Slim pickings, even for the drug test perp walk.
Baseball comes back tomorrow evening, everyone.
- Miguel Cabrera ties Hank Greenberg with 331st career homer 4
- Bud Selig’s view on replay has “evolved” 13
- Umpires use replay on controversial Matt Joyce home run 9
- Rangers put Ian Kinsler on the 15-day disabled list and call up top prospect Jurickson Profar 5
- Carlos Ruiz leaves game with strained right hamstring 2
- PBT: Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot
- Ferguson's managerial career ends with 5-5 draw
- Moore stays unbeaten as Rays top Orioles
- Blue Jays-Yankees finale scrubbed by rain