Jul 12, 2012, 5:30 PM EDT
The All-Star break is the slowest news time of the regular season. Just brutal. Even Major League Baseball must be bored, because they released the minor league suspensions at 4pm today instead of waiting until the customary 5pm. Anyway:
Philadelphia Phillies Minor League left-handed pitcher Ranger Suarez has been suspended for 50 games without pay after testing positive for metabolites of Stanozolol. The suspension of Suarez, who is currently on the roster of the Venezuelan Summer League Phillies, is effective immediately.
Free agent Minor League right-handed pitcher Daniel Cordero has been suspended for 50 games without pay for testing positive for metabolites of Stanozolol. The suspension of Cordero will be effective immediately upon his signing with another Major League organization.
Gosh, a Summer League player and a free agent. Slim pickings, even for the drug test perp walk.
Baseball comes back tomorrow evening, everyone.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 11
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 99
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 15
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 2
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 5
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 73
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 47
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 20
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base (100)
- The Big Unit: Wide Angle Watcher (90)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (89)
- Chipper Jones will fight you if you insult his “girl” (84)
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. (76)