Jul 12, 2012, 5:30 PM EDT
The All-Star break is the slowest news time of the regular season. Just brutal. Even Major League Baseball must be bored, because they released the minor league suspensions at 4pm today instead of waiting until the customary 5pm. Anyway:
Philadelphia Phillies Minor League left-handed pitcher Ranger Suarez has been suspended for 50 games without pay after testing positive for metabolites of Stanozolol. The suspension of Suarez, who is currently on the roster of the Venezuelan Summer League Phillies, is effective immediately.
Free agent Minor League right-handed pitcher Daniel Cordero has been suspended for 50 games without pay for testing positive for metabolites of Stanozolol. The suspension of Cordero will be effective immediately upon his signing with another Major League organization.
Gosh, a Summer League player and a free agent. Slim pickings, even for the drug test perp walk.
Baseball comes back tomorrow evening, everyone.
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 0
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 21
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 66
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 78
- MLB “actively studying” fan safety; Phillies plan to expand netting at Citizens Bank Park 28
- Marlins might move in and lower the fences at Marlins Park 26
- Astros beat the suddenly skidding Yankees, top last year’s win total 30
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week 134
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)
- Let’s all argue about team chemistry again (118)