Jul 12, 2012, 5:30 PM EDT
The All-Star break is the slowest news time of the regular season. Just brutal. Even Major League Baseball must be bored, because they released the minor league suspensions at 4pm today instead of waiting until the customary 5pm. Anyway:
Philadelphia Phillies Minor League left-handed pitcher Ranger Suarez has been suspended for 50 games without pay after testing positive for metabolites of Stanozolol. The suspension of Suarez, who is currently on the roster of the Venezuelan Summer League Phillies, is effective immediately.
Free agent Minor League right-handed pitcher Daniel Cordero has been suspended for 50 games without pay for testing positive for metabolites of Stanozolol. The suspension of Cordero will be effective immediately upon his signing with another Major League organization.
Gosh, a Summer League player and a free agent. Slim pickings, even for the drug test perp walk.
Baseball comes back tomorrow evening, everyone.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 18
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 12
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Brandon Phillips: “How the [expletive] am I declining?” (61)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)