Jul 12, 2012, 4:21 PM EST
Back in June, Pablo Sandoval was investigated by the Santa Cruz County Sheriff’s Department in connection with allegations of sexual assault made by a 21 year-old woman Sandoval met and took to the Seascape Beach Resort in Santa Cruz County, California. The investigation is over, and Sandoval won’t be charged:
Investigators say there is not enough evidence to arrest San Francisco Giants slugger Pablo Sandoval for an alleged sexual assault at a hotel near Santa Cruz.
The Santa Cruz County Sherriff’s Office completed its investigation Thursday and forwarded the case to the district attorney’s office. No charges are expected.
Sandoval’s attorney said that the encounter was a “consensual, personal relationship of a sexual nature.”
- Grant Balfour’s deal with Orioles in “serious jeopardy” due to shoulder issue 14
- Report: Rakuten will not allow Masahiro Tanaka come to the United States 63
- Mariners showing “continued interest” in Ervin Santana 10
- Happy Birthday, Ty Cobb! 89
- Dodgers re-sign left-handed reliever J.P. Howell to a two-year, $11.5 million contract 4