Jul 12, 2012, 4:21 PM EDT
Back in June, Pablo Sandoval was investigated by the Santa Cruz County Sheriff’s Department in connection with allegations of sexual assault made by a 21 year-old woman Sandoval met and took to the Seascape Beach Resort in Santa Cruz County, California. The investigation is over, and Sandoval won’t be charged:
Investigators say there is not enough evidence to arrest San Francisco Giants slugger Pablo Sandoval for an alleged sexual assault at a hotel near Santa Cruz.
The Santa Cruz County Sherriff’s Office completed its investigation Thursday and forwarded the case to the district attorney’s office. No charges are expected.
Sandoval’s attorney said that the encounter was a “consensual, personal relationship of a sexual nature.”
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 0
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 97
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 16
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 23
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 108
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39