Jul 13, 2012, 8:30 PM EDT
Kemp has been sidelined since aggravating his left hamstring strain on May 30. While he made it back from the initial injury after the minimum 15 days, he was extra cautious this time around in an effort to avoid another setback. The 27-year-old center fielder is hitting .355/.444/.719 with 12 home runs, 28 RBI and a 1.163 OPS in 36 games played this season.
Ethier hasn’t played since June 27 due to a strained left oblique, but he was cleared to return after playing in two rehab games with High-A Rancho Cucamonga this week. The 29-year-old outfielder still owns an impressive .291/.357/.491 batting line to go along with 10 homers and an .848 OPS this season, but he’s hitting just .203 with one homer and a .596 OPS over his last 23 games. It’s safe to say he’s thrilled to see Kemp’s name on the lineup card.
Despite the struggles of the offense, the Dodgers will begin the second half of the season at 47-40, one-half game ahead of the 46-40 Giants in the National League West.
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case 23
- Rafael Soriano took back all that stuff he said about Bryce Harper 8
- Don Mattingly may be uttering his last words as Dodgers manager 38
- Jaime Garcia needs shoulder surgery 6
- Rafael Soriano calls out Bryce Harper for the game-tying triple last night 59
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (117)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (109)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (92)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (74)
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- PBT: Rugged Pacers hope to slow high-flying Heat
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games
- PFT: Crabtree reportedly tears achilles, out for year
- HBT: Soriano calls out Harper after blown save