Jul 13, 2012, 8:30 PM EDT
Kemp has been sidelined since aggravating his left hamstring strain on May 30. While he made it back from the initial injury after the minimum 15 days, he was extra cautious this time around in an effort to avoid another setback. The 27-year-old center fielder is hitting .355/.444/.719 with 12 home runs, 28 RBI and a 1.163 OPS in 36 games played this season.
Ethier hasn’t played since June 27 due to a strained left oblique, but he was cleared to return after playing in two rehab games with High-A Rancho Cucamonga this week. The 29-year-old outfielder still owns an impressive .291/.357/.491 batting line to go along with 10 homers and an .848 OPS this season, but he’s hitting just .203 with one homer and a .596 OPS over his last 23 games. It’s safe to say he’s thrilled to see Kemp’s name on the lineup card.
Despite the struggles of the offense, the Dodgers will begin the second half of the season at 47-40, one-half game ahead of the 46-40 Giants in the National League West.
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 0
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 8
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 28
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 19
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 13
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 42
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 45
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (188)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)