Great Moments in Consistency: MLive on the Tigers’ chances

Jul 13, 2012, 12:03 PM EDT

So, MLive? Are the Tigers gonna turn things around in the second half?  Here’s Wednesday’s answer:

source:

And, from the same author, here’s Thursday’s:

source:

Lovely.

I know sometimes editors will pitch you things like “how about today you argue why X will happen and tomorrow you argue why Y will happen.”  It’s a great way to make lists and drive page views if you’re into those things for their own sake.

But it also makes you look rather silly, because most people aren’t following you so closely to recognize that you’re being cute like that.  They, foolishly I guess, assume that writers take actual stands and honestly analyze a given issue rather than throw all possible outcomes against the wall and hope that someone will like one of them and reward you with pageviews.

(Thanks to Allison for the heads up. And for not choosing to simply believe the story that predicts the Tigers’ success while ignoring the other one)

1. darthicarus - Jul 13, 2012 at 12:11 PM

Sadly this pretty much sums up the Tigers season so far.

2. philliesblow - Jul 13, 2012 at 12:13 PM

If the All Star game break was only 3 days instead of 4, writers would have one less day to fill with speculation.

3. kopy - Jul 13, 2012 at 12:18 PM

I don’t what cocktail this guy drinks at 9:30 AM but I want one.

4. El Bravo - Jul 13, 2012 at 12:20 PM

“They, foolishly I guess, assume that writers take actual stands and honestly analyze a given issue rather than throw all possible outcomes against the wall and hope that someone will like one of them and reward you with pageviews.”

I don’t believe this is true anymore. We’re all jaded. I don’t believe anything anyone says anymore. Just a bunch of lies from they lying liars who tell them.

• bravojawja - Jul 13, 2012 at 1:56 PM

I don’t believe you really believe this.

5. nategearhart - Jul 13, 2012 at 12:27 PM

6. nategearhart - Jul 13, 2012 at 12:27 PM

It’s like a CYA…no matter how the Tigers do, this guy can go back and say “SEE?! I told totally called it!”

• nategearhart - Jul 13, 2012 at 12:33 PM

Oops.

• heyblueyoustink - Jul 13, 2012 at 1:07 PM

No oops, the double post is OK, it’s ironic in a CYA kind of way.

7. ponsonbybritt - Jul 13, 2012 at 4:19 PM

So he’s of two minds, eh? I see a congressional run in his future.

Who are the favorites for Rookie of the Year?
  1. R. Castillo (3616)