Jul 13, 2012, 12:03 PM EST
So, MLive? Are the Tigers gonna turn things around in the second half? Here’s Wednesday’s answer:
And, from the same author, here’s Thursday’s:
I know sometimes editors will pitch you things like “how about today you argue why X will happen and tomorrow you argue why Y will happen.” It’s a great way to make lists and drive page views if you’re into those things for their own sake.
But it also makes you look rather silly, because most people aren’t following you so closely to recognize that you’re being cute like that. They, foolishly I guess, assume that writers take actual stands and honestly analyze a given issue rather than throw all possible outcomes against the wall and hope that someone will like one of them and reward you with pageviews.
(Thanks to Allison for the heads up. And for not choosing to simply believe the story that predicts the Tigers’ success while ignoring the other one)
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 20
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 38
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 45
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 27
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)