Jul 13, 2012, 12:03 PM EST
So, MLive? Are the Tigers gonna turn things around in the second half? Here’s Wednesday’s answer:
And, from the same author, here’s Thursday’s:
I know sometimes editors will pitch you things like “how about today you argue why X will happen and tomorrow you argue why Y will happen.” It’s a great way to make lists and drive page views if you’re into those things for their own sake.
But it also makes you look rather silly, because most people aren’t following you so closely to recognize that you’re being cute like that. They, foolishly I guess, assume that writers take actual stands and honestly analyze a given issue rather than throw all possible outcomes against the wall and hope that someone will like one of them and reward you with pageviews.
(Thanks to Allison for the heads up. And for not choosing to simply believe the story that predicts the Tigers’ success while ignoring the other one)
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (86)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)