HBT Extra: I finally got to meet Tiffany

Jul 13, 2012, 1:32 PM EST

I was back at the Mother Ship on Monday and Tuesday and I finally — after two years of working with her — got to meet Tiffany in person. And for the first time we did an HBT Daily from the same desk.

Sadly, this also meant that, for the first time, I did an HBT Daily while wearing pants.  Tradeoffs.

Anyway, we talked about baseball too, but the stuff from before the taping when we talked smack about people we know off-camera was the best part. Try to enjoy it all the same.

This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
  1. number42is1 - Jul 13, 2012 at 1:40 PM

You couldn’t even brush your hair before meeting her?

2. kopy - Jul 13, 2012 at 1:47 PM

I thought Mr. Burns told you to trim those sideburns!

• number42is1 - Jul 13, 2012 at 1:52 PM

thats it! youre off the team! FOR GOOD!

(watched it last night and my monthly trivia)

3. bigleagues - Jul 13, 2012 at 1:56 PM

1) The make-up person should be fired. Should have dusted that bean to reduce the glare.

2) Much respect to Craig for maintaining his cool and not stammering over his words after having just met Tiffany in the flesh for the first time.

3) Reason #337 why Connecticut is a great place . . . Tiffany Simons breathes the same air as us several times a week.

• Craig Calcaterra - Jul 13, 2012 at 1:59 PM

To be fair, I was wearing no makeup at all. For the HBT videos, there is no makeup person. Tiffany does her own. I do get heavily powdered for SportsTalk.

I got the stammering out of the way earlier. Tiffany came in and I stuck out my hand to shake, she batted it away and insisted on a hug.

I like my job a lot.

• Jeremy T - Jul 13, 2012 at 2:07 PM

You mean that doesn’t happen to lawyers?

• cur68 - Jul 13, 2012 at 2:39 PM

You got a hug? No wonder you were all a-gleam. In light of this new information, I feel the evident shininess is warranted. Wear it with pride. BTW, she like your glasses?

• cleverbob - Jul 13, 2012 at 3:43 PM

He wasn’t shining. He was glowing.

• bigleagues - Jul 13, 2012 at 4:08 PM

Listen, us shiny-topped bald guys have to look out for each other – the follically-endowed are crafty and will seek to exploit our glare whenever possible. It’s bad enough we always have to have a pocket full of wet wipes.

I know HBT’ers will find this hard to believe, but I once had a friend – who I carpooled to work with. I guess in retrospect I should have caught on sooner. Whenever we got on the highway he always had me search for something that he had dropped on the passenger side floor. Turns out, he was just using me as subterfuge for police laser guns.

I guess I shouldn’t complain though. When he drove, we always got to work fast and never got pulled over.

BTW . . . Tiffany is relatively tall isn’t she? At least she seems to be on SNY.

• The Dangerous Mabry - Jul 13, 2012 at 4:13 PM

Tall? Not based on this video:

Niewenhuis is 6’3″, and Harvey is 6’4″, but she looks awfully tiny next to them.

• bigleagues - Jul 13, 2012 at 6:54 PM

Mabry,

That’s good work out of you. “relatively tall” on a girl, for me, means she’s in the 5’6″ – 6′ range (5’5″ is generally considered average height on a woman) . . . and based on that video I’d guess Tiffany at 5’7″-5’8″.

4. Jonny 5 - Jul 13, 2012 at 2:48 PM

I don’t like how you were looking at my future girlfriend one bit Calcaterra.

5. stevem7 - Jul 13, 2012 at 3:03 PM

I just wish you would quit doing any reporting on the Yankees as you are an avowed Yankee hater.

6. foreverchipper10 - Jul 13, 2012 at 5:29 PM

Tiffany was looking extra hot today. I don’t usually make that comment on here but today I feel it is warranted.

7. ndnut - Jul 13, 2012 at 6:03 PM

Sorry that you had to wear pants, but you did meet Tiffany in person! ;)

Maddon has high hopes for Cubs
  1. P. Sandoval (5079)