Jul 13, 2012, 12:16 PM EST
Jerome Williams has been on the disabled list since collapsing in the clubhouse following his June 18 start, but he’ll be activated to pitch Saturday versus the Yankees at Yankee Stadium. Helluva welcome back.
While rehabbing in the minors Williams got knocked around for six runs in two innings at Triple-A on July 1, but bounced back to throw six innings of three-run ball with seven strikeouts and zero walks there on July 6.
He had a 4.56 ERA and solid 56/26 K/BB ratio in 83 innings for the Angels before experiencing breathing problems that he blamed on asthma and anxiety.
- Cliff Pennington avoids arbitration, agrees to $3.275 million deal with D’Backs 3
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 26
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 44
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 62
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40