Jul 13, 2012, 12:16 PM EDT
Jerome Williams has been on the disabled list since collapsing in the clubhouse following his June 18 start, but he’ll be activated to pitch Saturday versus the Yankees at Yankee Stadium. Helluva welcome back.
While rehabbing in the minors Williams got knocked around for six runs in two innings at Triple-A on July 1, but bounced back to throw six innings of three-run ball with seven strikeouts and zero walks there on July 6.
He had a 4.56 ERA and solid 56/26 K/BB ratio in 83 innings for the Angels before experiencing breathing problems that he blamed on asthma and anxiety.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)