Jul 13, 2012, 12:16 PM EDT
Jerome Williams has been on the disabled list since collapsing in the clubhouse following his June 18 start, but he’ll be activated to pitch Saturday versus the Yankees at Yankee Stadium. Helluva welcome back.
While rehabbing in the minors Williams got knocked around for six runs in two innings at Triple-A on July 1, but bounced back to throw six innings of three-run ball with seven strikeouts and zero walks there on July 6.
He had a 4.56 ERA and solid 56/26 K/BB ratio in 83 innings for the Angels before experiencing breathing problems that he blamed on asthma and anxiety.
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 0
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 21
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 66
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 78
- MLB “actively studying” fan safety; Phillies plan to expand netting at Citizens Bank Park 28
- Marlins might move in and lower the fences at Marlins Park 26
- Astros beat the suddenly skidding Yankees, top last year’s win total 30
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week 134
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)
- Let’s all argue about team chemistry again (118)