Jul 13, 2012, 12:16 PM EDT
Jerome Williams has been on the disabled list since collapsing in the clubhouse following his June 18 start, but he’ll be activated to pitch Saturday versus the Yankees at Yankee Stadium. Helluva welcome back.
While rehabbing in the minors Williams got knocked around for six runs in two innings at Triple-A on July 1, but bounced back to throw six innings of three-run ball with seven strikeouts and zero walks there on July 6.
He had a 4.56 ERA and solid 56/26 K/BB ratio in 83 innings for the Angels before experiencing breathing problems that he blamed on asthma and anxiety.
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 9
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 28
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 17
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 79
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 54
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (80)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)