Jul 13, 2012, 12:16 PM EST
Jerome Williams has been on the disabled list since collapsing in the clubhouse following his June 18 start, but he’ll be activated to pitch Saturday versus the Yankees at Yankee Stadium. Helluva welcome back.
While rehabbing in the minors Williams got knocked around for six runs in two innings at Triple-A on July 1, but bounced back to throw six innings of three-run ball with seven strikeouts and zero walks there on July 6.
He had a 4.56 ERA and solid 56/26 K/BB ratio in 83 innings for the Angels before experiencing breathing problems that he blamed on asthma and anxiety.
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 11
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 62
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 74
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 60
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)