Jul 13, 2012, 12:32 PM EDT
Gosh, you tellin’ me that there’s more strife in Boston? Crazy! Terry Francona says that Sox owner John Henry and team president Larry Lucchino aren’t returning his calls:
“I don’t talk to them. Again, I’ve tried a few times. There are some things that are personal, things that were said, things that I’ve asked them to do. They’ve never called back. That’s just the way that it is,” Francona said. “That’s personal. There’s been some things that I’ve asked them to do, they’ve promised, and then I’ve never heard back from them. So, that’s just the way that it goes.”
I wonder what he needed to hear back about. What the messages were. Maybe like “Hey, Larry, I really want my favorite beer stein back when you get a chance call me.” Or “John, I just got a dry cleaner’s bill sent to me for a bunch of uniforms. First, you don’t need to have a shirt dry cleaned as Tide will get our chicken grease. Second, send it to Beckett and Lackey, not me. I didn’t even wear jerseys. I wore that blue warm-up thing and it was stainguarded.”
Yeah, that’s hacky. Sorry. I’m hungry and bored.
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Neil deGrasse Tyson explains why beanball wars are stupid (104)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead