Jul 13, 2012, 4:19 PM EDT
It’s not quite a fair tradeoff, but the Marlins lost an outfielder to the disabled list and gained an outfielder from the DL. And it might be the best combination of never ever linked in the same transaction.
Giancarlo Stanton was placed on the DL after undergoing knee surgery that will sideline him for 4-6 weeks and Emilio Bonifacio returns from the DL after missing the past two months with a thumb injury that required surgery.
Bonifacio showed almost zero power before the injury, but got on base at a .351 clip and went 20-for-21 stealing bases as Miami’s everyday center fielder. Stanton underwent surgery on July 8, so today’s move simply made his DL stint official. He’ll be out for 4-6 weeks.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 18
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 168
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 70
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 37
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (170)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)