Jul 13, 2012, 9:50 AM EST
Ozzie Guillen on Heath Bell in the second half. No pressure:
“If Heath Bell does not pitch the way he should be pitching, we are not going anywhere,’’ Guillen said. “If he continues to pitch the way he has pitched, we’re done.’’
Not that he’s wrong.
I didn’t see it, but I’m told that there is a tense scene in that “Franchise” show featuring the Marlins in which Bell goes up to Guillen and wants him to commit to Bell as the Marlins’ closer despite his troubles. Given Bell’s insecurity about it, given his continued poor performance and given Guillen’s comments here, being Heath Bell is probably not a lot of fun right now.
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano 16
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (136)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (98)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (86)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (80)