Jul 13, 2012, 9:50 AM EST
Ozzie Guillen on Heath Bell in the second half. No pressure:
“If Heath Bell does not pitch the way he should be pitching, we are not going anywhere,’’ Guillen said. “If he continues to pitch the way he has pitched, we’re done.’’
Not that he’s wrong.
I didn’t see it, but I’m told that there is a tense scene in that “Franchise” show featuring the Marlins in which Bell goes up to Guillen and wants him to commit to Bell as the Marlins’ closer despite his troubles. Given Bell’s insecurity about it, given his continued poor performance and given Guillen’s comments here, being Heath Bell is probably not a lot of fun right now.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)