Jul 14, 2012, 8:03 PM EDT
Maybe the Red Sox can add fraternizing with children to the ban list.
According to the first baseman, Gonzalez was at the mall Friday afternoon when he “ran into a family with kids. I bent over to say ‘Hi,’ to one of the kids and when I came out of that, it locked up on me. I tried to get treatment, to go out there and move around, but it wasn’t feeling any
Gonzalez is considered doubtful for Sunday’s series finale against Tampa Bay. In his place, the Red Sox have .160-hitting Brent Lillibridge starting at first base tonight.
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 8
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 160
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 6
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 30
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (161)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)