Jul 14, 2012, 1:07 PM EDT
With shortstop Jose Reyes and third baseman Hanley Ramirez conferring in the infield, a heads up Bryce Harper was able to swipe third base in the first inning of the Nationals-Marlins game last night.
The video still isn’t embeddable, but you can watch it here.
The play went as Harper’s 11th steal of the season. It didn’t lead to a run, but it did have the Marlins embarrassed.
“Everybody’s head was down, and he took advantage of that,” manager Ozzie Guillen said.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 103
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8