Jul 14, 2012, 1:07 PM EDT
With shortstop Jose Reyes and third baseman Hanley Ramirez conferring in the infield, a heads up Bryce Harper was able to swipe third base in the first inning of the Nationals-Marlins game last night.
The video still isn’t embeddable, but you can watch it here.
The play went as Harper’s 11th steal of the season. It didn’t lead to a run, but it did have the Marlins embarrassed.
“Everybody’s head was down, and he took advantage of that,” manager Ozzie Guillen said.
- Madison Bumgarner delivers a shutout as Giants roll past Pirates in NL Wild Card Game 5
- Angels announce ALDS rotation: Jered Weaver in Game 1, Matt Shoemaker for Game 2 2
- The beauty of belief 42
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 44
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 15
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 75
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Ned Yost on the sixth inning and his bullpen usage: “its just one of those things” (81)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)