Jul 14, 2012, 1:07 PM EDT
With shortstop Jose Reyes and third baseman Hanley Ramirez conferring in the infield, a heads up Bryce Harper was able to swipe third base in the first inning of the Nationals-Marlins game last night.
The video still isn’t embeddable, but you can watch it here.
The play went as Harper’s 11th steal of the season. It didn’t lead to a run, but it did have the Marlins embarrassed.
“Everybody’s head was down, and he took advantage of that,” manager Ozzie Guillen said.
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 1
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 37
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 118
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (118)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)