Jul 14, 2012, 1:07 PM EDT
With shortstop Jose Reyes and third baseman Hanley Ramirez conferring in the infield, a heads up Bryce Harper was able to swipe third base in the first inning of the Nationals-Marlins game last night.
The video still isn’t embeddable, but you can watch it here.
The play went as Harper’s 11th steal of the season. It didn’t lead to a run, but it did have the Marlins embarrassed.
“Everybody’s head was down, and he took advantage of that,” manager Ozzie Guillen said.
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 2
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 2
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 80
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 100
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (110)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (100)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)