Jul 14, 2012, 1:07 PM EDT
With shortstop Jose Reyes and third baseman Hanley Ramirez conferring in the infield, a heads up Bryce Harper was able to swipe third base in the first inning of the Nationals-Marlins game last night.
The video still isn’t embeddable, but you can watch it here.
The play went as Harper’s 11th steal of the season. It didn’t lead to a run, but it did have the Marlins embarrassed.
“Everybody’s head was down, and he took advantage of that,” manager Ozzie Guillen said.
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 21
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 18
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 11
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 48
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 28
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)