Jul 14, 2012, 6:30 PM EDT
Greinke’s streak began last Saturday, when he was ejected after facing just his second batter of the day against the Astros. Since he threw a mere four pitches, the Brewers elected to bring him back to start Sunday’s game versus Houston. He also received the starting assignment in Pittsburgh Friday in Milwaukee’s first game after the All-Star break.
The streak didn’t go too well for Greinke, as he allowed nine earned runs in eight innings between the three games. He took the loss in the game in which he was ejected in the first after one of the two runners he left on base scored in the first. The Brewers won the remaining two games, even though Greinke struggled in both. They prevailed 5-3 on Sunday and 10-7 last night.
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 2
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 3
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 5
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 48
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 25
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)