Jul 14, 2012, 6:30 PM EDT
Greinke’s streak began last Saturday, when he was ejected after facing just his second batter of the day against the Astros. Since he threw a mere four pitches, the Brewers elected to bring him back to start Sunday’s game versus Houston. He also received the starting assignment in Pittsburgh Friday in Milwaukee’s first game after the All-Star break.
The streak didn’t go too well for Greinke, as he allowed nine earned runs in eight innings between the three games. He took the loss in the game in which he was ejected in the first after one of the two runners he left on base scored in the first. The Brewers won the remaining two games, even though Greinke struggled in both. They prevailed 5-3 on Sunday and 10-7 last night.
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (116)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (104)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (92)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (73)
- Sharks pull even with Kings
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- PBT: Nick Gilbert again Cavs' good luck charm
- PBT: Grizzlies figuring out Spurs after Game 2
- PBT: Spurs survive Grizzlies' late run, win in OT