Jul 14, 2012, 6:30 PM EDT
Greinke’s streak began last Saturday, when he was ejected after facing just his second batter of the day against the Astros. Since he threw a mere four pitches, the Brewers elected to bring him back to start Sunday’s game versus Houston. He also received the starting assignment in Pittsburgh Friday in Milwaukee’s first game after the All-Star break.
The streak didn’t go too well for Greinke, as he allowed nine earned runs in eight innings between the three games. He took the loss in the game in which he was ejected in the first after one of the two runners he left on base scored in the first. The Brewers won the remaining two games, even though Greinke struggled in both. They prevailed 5-3 on Sunday and 10-7 last night.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (87)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (82)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (75)