Jul 14, 2012, 6:30 PM EDT
Greinke’s streak began last Saturday, when he was ejected after facing just his second batter of the day against the Astros. Since he threw a mere four pitches, the Brewers elected to bring him back to start Sunday’s game versus Houston. He also received the starting assignment in Pittsburgh Friday in Milwaukee’s first game after the All-Star break.
The streak didn’t go too well for Greinke, as he allowed nine earned runs in eight innings between the three games. He took the loss in the game in which he was ejected in the first after one of the two runners he left on base scored in the first. The Brewers won the remaining two games, even though Greinke struggled in both. They prevailed 5-3 on Sunday and 10-7 last night.
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 5
- Giants to acquire Mike Leake from Reds 14
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 40
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 11
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 62
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 111
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 72
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 106
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)