Jul 14, 2012, 10:52 AM EDT
Todd Helton didn’t see improvement with his sore right hip during the All-Star break, so the Rockies placed him on the disabled list prior to last night’s game.
Helton was already playing sparingly in recent weeks, as the injury has contributed to his struggles at the plate. The Denver Post reports that he’s being sent for an MRI on the hip, after which there should be more clarity on a timetable for his return.
Helton, a .320 lifetime hitter, is batting just .235/.332/.398 with seven home runs, 34 RBI and a .730 OPS in 63 games played this season. As part of a renegotiated extension which was signed in March of 2010, the 38-year-old is making $4.9 million this season and $5 million in 2013.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 141
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 66
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (159)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)