Jul 15, 2012, 2:32 PM EDT
Jered Weaver hasn’t had a whole lot of luck shutting down the Yankees’ bats today, but he made them look like Little Leaguers on the basepaths.
With runners on the corners and one out in the third inning today, Weaver did the fake-to-third, throw-to-first move and caught Robinson Cano napping. With Cano caught in a brief rundown, Alex Rodriguez took off for home. Erick Aybar, though, was able to apply the tag to Cano and throw home for the unconventional double play.
Both outs went as caught stealings. The Yankees entered with an 80.3 percent success rate stealing bases (49-for-61), putting them barely behind the Angels at 80.5 (70-for-87) for the best mark in the AL.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 141
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 66
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (159)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)