Jul 15, 2012, 2:32 PM EST
Jered Weaver hasn’t had a whole lot of luck shutting down the Yankees’ bats today, but he made them look like Little Leaguers on the basepaths.
With runners on the corners and one out in the third inning today, Weaver did the fake-to-third, throw-to-first move and caught Robinson Cano napping. With Cano caught in a brief rundown, Alex Rodriguez took off for home. Erick Aybar, though, was able to apply the tag to Cano and throw home for the unconventional double play.
Both outs went as caught stealings. The Yankees entered with an 80.3 percent success rate stealing bases (49-for-61), putting them barely behind the Angels at 80.5 (70-for-87) for the best mark in the AL.
- Matt Harvey makes his return. And he was really impressive. 20
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 28
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 36
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 147
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (380)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (147)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)