Jul 15, 2012, 9:22 AM EDT
The Reds will be trying for a three-game sweep of the Cardinals this evening at Great American Ball Park, but they’ll have to get it done without their ace.
According to C. Trent Rosecrans of CBS Sports, right-hander Johnny Cueto has been scratched from his scheduled turn in the starting rotation due to a blister on his throwing hand. Homer Bailey will hop ahead one spot and take the mound in his place.
Cueto will try again Tuesday vs. the Diamondbacks.
The 26-year-old Dominican right-hander has posted a spectacular 2.39 ERA and 1.16 WHIP through 18 starts this season for the first-place Reds, fanning 91 batters and walking 27 across 120 1/3 innings. He owns a 3.61 career ERA and a 1.27 career WHIP.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (123)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (116)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (81)
- Follow LIVE: Champions League final
- Live box score: UEFA Champions League final
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect
- PST: Neymar reportedly set to join Barcelona