Jul 15, 2012, 10:39 PM EST
The outfield defense wasn’t exactly stellar, but the fastest player in baseball hit an inside-the-park homer for Double-A Pensacola on Sunday and you’re probably going to want to see it.
Here’s the video from MiLB.com.
Baseball America’s J.J. Cooper timed Hamilton’s sprint at 13.8 seconds.
The homer was the only time Hamilton was on base today, so he didn’t add to his total of 109 steals on the season. It was the first time in five games since his promotion to Double-A that he failed to swipe a base.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)