Jul 15, 2012, 10:39 PM EDT
The outfield defense wasn’t exactly stellar, but the fastest player in baseball hit an inside-the-park homer for Double-A Pensacola on Sunday and you’re probably going to want to see it.
Here’s the video from MiLB.com.
Baseball America’s J.J. Cooper timed Hamilton’s sprint at 13.8 seconds.
The homer was the only time Hamilton was on base today, so he didn’t add to his total of 109 steals on the season. It was the first time in five games since his promotion to Double-A that he failed to swipe a base.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (111)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)