Jul 15, 2012, 2:22 PM EDT
Spike Lee was lucky enough to snag Mark Teixeira‘s thrown bat behind the first-base dugout in the first inning of Sunday’s game at Yankee Stadium.
Michael Kay told him to, “Do the right thing and give the bat back” afterwards, but Lee decided he was keeping it and even showed off his left-handed swing in the stands afterwards. Fortunately, there were enough empty seats around to give him plenty room to play.
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 65
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 77
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 78
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 61
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)