Jul 15, 2012, 2:22 PM EDT
Spike Lee was lucky enough to snag Mark Teixeira‘s thrown bat behind the first-base dugout in the first inning of Sunday’s game at Yankee Stadium.
Michael Kay told him to, “Do the right thing and give the bat back” afterwards, but Lee decided he was keeping it and even showed off his left-handed swing in the stands afterwards. Fortunately, there were enough empty seats around to give him plenty room to play.
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 10
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 184
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 30
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 40
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (198)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (102)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)