Jul 15, 2012, 2:22 PM EDT
Spike Lee was lucky enough to snag Mark Teixeira‘s thrown bat behind the first-base dugout in the first inning of Sunday’s game at Yankee Stadium.
Michael Kay told him to, “Do the right thing and give the bat back” afterwards, but Lee decided he was keeping it and even showed off his left-handed swing in the stands afterwards. Fortunately, there were enough empty seats around to give him plenty room to play.
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 23
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 41
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 15
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 24
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 35
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)