Jul 15, 2012, 4:21 PM EDT
Strasburg struck out seven in improving to 10-4 with a 2.66 ERA for the season.
Minus All-Star Giancarlo Stanton, the Marlins have scored a total of three runs in three games against the Nationals. They managed to win 2-1 on Saturday anyway.
Strasburg leads the National League with 135 strikeouts this season. Nationals pitching coach Steve McCatty swore off strikeouts last week, saying his team is better off when the pitchers aren’t going for him. Strasburg, though, has averaged 13.0 strikeouts per nine innings in his 10 victories this year, compared to 9.4 between his eight losses and no-decisions.
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 7
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 85
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 54
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20