Jul 15, 2012, 4:21 PM EDT
Strasburg struck out seven in improving to 10-4 with a 2.66 ERA for the season.
Minus All-Star Giancarlo Stanton, the Marlins have scored a total of three runs in three games against the Nationals. They managed to win 2-1 on Saturday anyway.
Strasburg leads the National League with 135 strikeouts this season. Nationals pitching coach Steve McCatty swore off strikeouts last week, saying his team is better off when the pitchers aren’t going for him. Strasburg, though, has averaged 13.0 strikeouts per nine innings in his 10 victories this year, compared to 9.4 between his eight losses and no-decisions.
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 6
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 42
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 24
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (109)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (79)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)