Jul 15, 2012, 4:21 PM EDT
Strasburg struck out seven in improving to 10-4 with a 2.66 ERA for the season.
Minus All-Star Giancarlo Stanton, the Marlins have scored a total of three runs in three games against the Nationals. They managed to win 2-1 on Saturday anyway.
Strasburg leads the National League with 135 strikeouts this season. Nationals pitching coach Steve McCatty swore off strikeouts last week, saying his team is better off when the pitchers aren’t going for him. Strasburg, though, has averaged 13.0 strikeouts per nine innings in his 10 victories this year, compared to 9.4 between his eight losses and no-decisions.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 21
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (83)