Jul 16, 2012, 11:51 AM EST
Pettitte was given a six-week recovery timetable after taking a Casey Kotchman line drive off his leg on June 27 and he’s still on that same course, which could mean a return around September 1.
For now he’s still not able to do any running, but Mazzeo reports that Pettitte has been riding a stationary bike, working out in a pool, and throwing from flat ground.
So even if the Yankees fail to trade for any starting pitching they should be getting some rotation help for the stretch run and playoffs.
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano 85
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (98)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (87)
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano (85)