Jul 16, 2012, 11:51 AM EST
Pettitte was given a six-week recovery timetable after taking a Casey Kotchman line drive off his leg on June 27 and he’s still on that same course, which could mean a return around September 1.
For now he’s still not able to do any running, but Mazzeo reports that Pettitte has been riding a stationary bike, working out in a pool, and throwing from flat ground.
So even if the Yankees fail to trade for any starting pitching they should be getting some rotation help for the stretch run and playoffs.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 56
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 23
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 4
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 3
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 360
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (361)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- John Baker, Jeremy Brown, coal mines and class (80)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (77)