Jul 16, 2012, 11:51 AM EDT
Pettitte was given a six-week recovery timetable after taking a Casey Kotchman line drive off his leg on June 27 and he’s still on that same course, which could mean a return around September 1.
For now he’s still not able to do any running, but Mazzeo reports that Pettitte has been riding a stationary bike, working out in a pool, and throwing from flat ground.
So even if the Yankees fail to trade for any starting pitching they should be getting some rotation help for the stretch run and playoffs.
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 6
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 5
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 12
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 42
- Giants to acquire Mike Leake from Reds 31
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 45
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 12
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 62
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)