Jul 16, 2012, 11:51 AM EST
Pettitte was given a six-week recovery timetable after taking a Casey Kotchman line drive off his leg on June 27 and he’s still on that same course, which could mean a return around September 1.
For now he’s still not able to do any running, but Mazzeo reports that Pettitte has been riding a stationary bike, working out in a pool, and throwing from flat ground.
So even if the Yankees fail to trade for any starting pitching they should be getting some rotation help for the stretch run and playoffs.
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 42
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 37
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 166
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (166)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)