Jul 16, 2012, 11:51 AM EDT
Pettitte was given a six-week recovery timetable after taking a Casey Kotchman line drive off his leg on June 27 and he’s still on that same course, which could mean a return around September 1.
For now he’s still not able to do any running, but Mazzeo reports that Pettitte has been riding a stationary bike, working out in a pool, and throwing from flat ground.
So even if the Yankees fail to trade for any starting pitching they should be getting some rotation help for the stretch run and playoffs.
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 0
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 8
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 31
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 48
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 71
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 75
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 46
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 12
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (76)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)