Jul 16, 2012, 10:31 AM EDT
“I’m not expecting any immediate impact,” said Valentine. “I’m just expecting one of nine, a guy who can go out there and be a contributor. I’ve never been around Carl in a game situation and I hope that whatever he needs is provided him from his surroundings and I hope he’s healthy. I think if he’s healthy, he’ll do fine.”
Yeah, well, apart from needing Tommy John surgery I guess he’s healthy, but we shall see.
Seems like the next couple of weeks are going to be pretty telling for the Red Sox. For the first time they have an outfield that resembles that which the front office intended. And despite all of the turmoil of the season thus far, they have managed to keep within striking distance.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 42
- The Troy Tulowitzki trade might be the strangest deadline deal ever 35
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects 87
- Alex Rodriguez celebrates 40th birthday with a home run 17
- Mets acquire Tyler Clippard from the Athletics 21
- Angels acquire Shane Victorino from Red Sox 25
- Happy 40th Birthday, A-Rod! 44
- Craig Biggio, John Smoltz, Randy Johnson and Pedro Martinez inducted into the Hall of Fame 41
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (156)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- MLBPAA announces “Heart and Hustle” award, given mostly to Americans and white guys (131)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)