Jul 16, 2012, 7:53 PM EDT
Nelson, a first-round pick of Colorado back in 2004, is hitting .256/.324/.411 with five home runs, 23 RBI and a .735 OPS in 58 games with the Rockies this season. The 26-year-old has struggled at the plate recently, but has received regular playing time between second base and the hot corner over the past month.
We’ll pass along an update when more information is known.
UPDATE: The Rockies announced that Nelson is resting and will spend the night in the hospital.
- World Series Reset: Game 1 — finally! — is tonight 7
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (104)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)