Jul 16, 2012, 7:53 PM EDT
Nelson, a first-round pick of Colorado back in 2004, is hitting .256/.324/.411 with five home runs, 23 RBI and a .735 OPS in 58 games with the Rockies this season. The 26-year-old has struggled at the plate recently, but has received regular playing time between second base and the hot corner over the past month.
We’ll pass along an update when more information is known.
UPDATE: The Rockies announced that Nelson is resting and will spend the night in the hospital.
- Manny Machado to undergo season-ending knee surgery 11
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 204
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 93
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 31
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 82
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (206)
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (93)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (84)