Jul 16, 2012, 7:53 PM EDT
Nelson, a first-round pick of Colorado back in 2004, is hitting .256/.324/.411 with five home runs, 23 RBI and a .735 OPS in 58 games with the Rockies this season. The 26-year-old has struggled at the plate recently, but has received regular playing time between second base and the hot corner over the past month.
We’ll pass along an update when more information is known.
UPDATE: The Rockies announced that Nelson is resting and will spend the night in the hospital.
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 54
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 5
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 16
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 8
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 38
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 20
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)