Jul 16, 2012, 7:53 PM EDT
Nelson, a first-round pick of Colorado back in 2004, is hitting .256/.324/.411 with five home runs, 23 RBI and a .735 OPS in 58 games with the Rockies this season. The 26-year-old has struggled at the plate recently, but has received regular playing time between second base and the hot corner over the past month.
We’ll pass along an update when more information is known.
UPDATE: The Rockies announced that Nelson is resting and will spend the night in the hospital.
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 3
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 20
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 36
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 48
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 28
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The wait is over: The Cubs are calling up top prospect Kris Bryant on Friday 99
- Carlos Gomez headed to disabled list with hamstring injury 11
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)