Jul 16, 2012, 3:15 PM EDT
Gavin Floyd won’t make his scheduled start tonight against the Red Sox because of forearm and elbow soreness, but Scott Powers of ESPN Chicago reports that an MRI exam showed no structural damage and for now at least he’ll remain on the active roster.
Dylan Axelrod will make the spot start in place of Floyd versus Boston and manager Robin Ventura admitted that letting Floyd throw 122 and 100 pitches in back-to-back starts may have led to the injury.
Floyd had turned things around following a rough first two months, allowing zero runs in three of his last four starts to reduce his overall ERA from 5.63 to to 4.54.
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 45
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 23
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 45
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 58
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (88)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)