Jul 16, 2012, 2:31 PM EDT
I get the first three. Big media markets with big, oftentimes hostile media members. But Cleveland? Man, all I can think is that he just doesn’t like Cleveland as a city. Which is sad, because if you watch their tourism videos, the appeal of the place is undeniable.
Oh well. It’s not like the Indians were likely to make a deal for him. As for the other teams, the reason we’ve heard no Upton rumors involving them is likely the no-trade clause in the first place.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 5
- Report: Cubs calling up prospect infielder Addison Russell 8
- Jonathan Lucroy headed to disabled list with broken toe 8
- Reds manager Bryan Price goes on profanity-laden tirade against media 49
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 75
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 41
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 88
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 14
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (129)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (109)