Jul 16, 2012, 2:31 PM EST
I get the first three. Big media markets with big, oftentimes hostile media members. But Cleveland? Man, all I can think is that he just doesn’t like Cleveland as a city. Which is sad, because if you watch their tourism videos, the appeal of the place is undeniable.
Oh well. It’s not like the Indians were likely to make a deal for him. As for the other teams, the reason we’ve heard no Upton rumors involving them is likely the no-trade clause in the first place.
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 0
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 96
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (103)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (99)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (87)