Jul 16, 2012, 7:18 PM EDT
“That’s my goal,” Rivera said on Michael Kay’s radio show Monday. “Definitely, that’s my goal. I’m not thinking about it because if it doesn’t happen, I will be disappointed. So I’m taking it day by day. I’m working hard and doing what I’m supposed to do. I don’t want to put something in my mind.”
Rivera, who was injured May 3, only underwent surgery for the torn ligament on June 12, which seemed to rule out any chance of a return this year. His rehab is going well, though, and Rivera thinks he could make it back around the three-month mark. If anyone can pull off that kind of recovery at age 42, it’s Mariano.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)