Jul 16, 2012, 7:18 PM EDT
“That’s my goal,” Rivera said on Michael Kay’s radio show Monday. “Definitely, that’s my goal. I’m not thinking about it because if it doesn’t happen, I will be disappointed. So I’m taking it day by day. I’m working hard and doing what I’m supposed to do. I don’t want to put something in my mind.”
Rivera, who was injured May 3, only underwent surgery for the torn ligament on June 12, which seemed to rule out any chance of a return this year. His rehab is going well, though, and Rivera thinks he could make it back around the three-month mark. If anyone can pull off that kind of recovery at age 42, it’s Mariano.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (111)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)