Jul 16, 2012, 6:53 PM EDT
Ozzie Guillen isn’t over being disrepected by Bryce Harper during Sunday’s game. Not even close.
CSN Washington’s Mark Zuckerman has the quotes from Guillen’s rant prior to Monday’s game.
“I like this kid,” Guillen said. “I think this kid is good for baseball. He’s going to be better. But if this kid continues to do that ****, he might not make it. Because they’re going to fool around with the wrong guy, and that wrong guy will kick his ass. He might not make it.”
As for that wrong guy, well, it won’t be Guillen. Referring to how Nationals manager Davey Johnson said Guillen was trying to intimidate Harper during Sunday’s game, Guillen said:
I wish this happened two years ago. Then I would’ve told Davey what I feel. And I would’ve told this kid what I feel. Intimidate? Pfft. I never intimidate people. For what? Do I look like I intimidate anybody? I swear, if we fight, that kid will kick my ass. You think I’m going to intimidate him?
No, probably not.
Guillen said the Marlins have no plans to retaliate for Sunday’s incident, which boiled down to Guillen complaining about the pine tar on Harper’s bat, Harper pointing his clean bat towards the Marlins dugout after making a switch and Guillen dropping some f-bombs on the kid.
“He showed me up,” Guillen said. “I never showed him up. Not one thing about it.”
- Mike Trout hits for cycle in Angels’ rout of Mariners 0
- Kevin Gausman will make Orioles debut on Thursday 2
- Cubs activate Matt Garza for first start in 10 months 0
- Thanks to Jeff Loria, Miami gets shut out of the Super Bowl 20
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. 116
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (116)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (104)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (92)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (73)
- Sharks pull even with Kings
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- Spurs survive Grizzlies' late run, win in OT
- PHT: Bruins rally in third, put Rangers in 3-0 hole
- Durant pledges $1 million for tornado victims
- GTC: Garcia offers Tiger 'fried chicken' for dinner
- HBT: Angels' Trout hits for cycle against Mariners