Jul 16, 2012, 6:53 PM EDT
Ozzie Guillen isn’t over being disrepected by Bryce Harper during Sunday’s game. Not even close.
CSN Washington’s Mark Zuckerman has the quotes from Guillen’s rant prior to Monday’s game.
“I like this kid,” Guillen said. “I think this kid is good for baseball. He’s going to be better. But if this kid continues to do that ****, he might not make it. Because they’re going to fool around with the wrong guy, and that wrong guy will kick his ass. He might not make it.”
As for that wrong guy, well, it won’t be Guillen. Referring to how Nationals manager Davey Johnson said Guillen was trying to intimidate Harper during Sunday’s game, Guillen said:
I wish this happened two years ago. Then I would’ve told Davey what I feel. And I would’ve told this kid what I feel. Intimidate? Pfft. I never intimidate people. For what? Do I look like I intimidate anybody? I swear, if we fight, that kid will kick my ass. You think I’m going to intimidate him?
No, probably not.
Guillen said the Marlins have no plans to retaliate for Sunday’s incident, which boiled down to Guillen complaining about the pine tar on Harper’s bat, Harper pointing his clean bat towards the Marlins dugout after making a switch and Guillen dropping some f-bombs on the kid.
“He showed me up,” Guillen said. “I never showed him up. Not one thing about it.”
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 0
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 14
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 13
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 8
- Astros shut down George Springer for the season 0
- The Blue Jays will make a qualifying offer to Melky Cabrera 21
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 34
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 42
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)