Jul 16, 2012, 8:52 AM EST
Which reminds me. We should probably put up some sort of trade deadline tracker. Anyway:
Sources say the combination of Willingham’s exceptional production and team-friendly contract makes him one of the most valuable assets in the organization, which is why it would take a lopsided offer to move the Twins off their current stance. The Twins also don’t want the reputation of signing players to long-term contracts and trading them away shortly after the ink dries.
One would think that they’d like to not have the reputation as a team that looses tons and tons of ballgames too, but I guess it’s better to be vet-friendly. Whatever.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (86)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)