Jul 16, 2012, 8:52 AM EST
Which reminds me. We should probably put up some sort of trade deadline tracker. Anyway:
Sources say the combination of Willingham’s exceptional production and team-friendly contract makes him one of the most valuable assets in the organization, which is why it would take a lopsided offer to move the Twins off their current stance. The Twins also don’t want the reputation of signing players to long-term contracts and trading them away shortly after the ink dries.
One would think that they’d like to not have the reputation as a team that looses tons and tons of ballgames too, but I guess it’s better to be vet-friendly. Whatever.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (135)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)