Jul 16, 2012, 1:02 PM EDT
Ryan Dempster is a ten year veteran who has been with the same club for five years and that gives him the right to veto trades to anywhere. That’s often a complication for the team making the trade, but not this time, as he told Ken Rosenthal recently that he’d go to “any contender.”
Rosenthal explains why some contenders may be more appealing to Dempster than others — he’s been in the NL his whole career, for example — but it certainly sounds like he’s going to be pretty amenable to a trade to whatever team wants him.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (162)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)