Jul 16, 2012, 12:32 PM EDT
UPDATE: Ken Rosenthal spoke with Doug Melvin, Brewers GM. Melvin says that nothing is physically wrong with Greinke and that the Brewers are just pushing him back and “recharging his batteries.” So, OK then.
One obvious thought is his health. He has allowed 14 earned runs in his last 14 innings and it’s possible that something has flared up. Given how hot a trade commodity he is, we eagerly await the explanation.
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 8
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 160
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 6
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 30
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (161)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)