Jul 16, 2012, 12:32 PM EDT
UPDATE: Ken Rosenthal spoke with Doug Melvin, Brewers GM. Melvin says that nothing is physically wrong with Greinke and that the Brewers are just pushing him back and “recharging his batteries.” So, OK then.
One obvious thought is his health. He has allowed 14 earned runs in his last 14 innings and it’s possible that something has flared up. Given how hot a trade commodity he is, we eagerly await the explanation.
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 16
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 11
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 182
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 21
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 34
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 19
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry 87
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (183)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)