Jul 16, 2012, 12:32 PM EDT
UPDATE: Ken Rosenthal spoke with Doug Melvin, Brewers GM. Melvin says that nothing is physically wrong with Greinke and that the Brewers are just pushing him back and “recharging his batteries.” So, OK then.
One obvious thought is his health. He has allowed 14 earned runs in his last 14 innings and it’s possible that something has flared up. Given how hot a trade commodity he is, we eagerly await the explanation.
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 105
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 17
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 38
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 41
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 351
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (351)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (190)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (161)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)