Jul 17, 2012, 11:45 PM EDT
Back from the disabled list, CC Sabathia didn’t look like he missed a beat. Then again, the Yankees hardly missed one while he was gone.
Sabathia pitched scoreless ball into the seventh inning as the Yankees beat the Blue Jays 6-1 on Tuesday.
The AL East-leading Yankees went 12-6 while their ace was sidelined due to a groin strain.
Sabathia was sharp tonight even though he didn’t have the benefit of a rehab start. 66 of his 87 pitches were strikes. It couldn’t have hurt that Jose Bautista was nowhere to be found in the middle of the Toronto lineup. Bautista, though, is just 1-for-19 lifetime against Sabathia anyway.
With the victory, Sabathia improved to 10-3 on the season. His ERA is down to 3.27.
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 36
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 30
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 13
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)