Jul 17, 2012, 11:45 PM EST
Back from the disabled list, CC Sabathia didn’t look like he missed a beat. Then again, the Yankees hardly missed one while he was gone.
Sabathia pitched scoreless ball into the seventh inning as the Yankees beat the Blue Jays 6-1 on Tuesday.
The AL East-leading Yankees went 12-6 while their ace was sidelined due to a groin strain.
Sabathia was sharp tonight even though he didn’t have the benefit of a rehab start. 66 of his 87 pitches were strikes. It couldn’t have hurt that Jose Bautista was nowhere to be found in the middle of the Toronto lineup. Bautista, though, is just 1-for-19 lifetime against Sabathia anyway.
With the victory, Sabathia improved to 10-3 on the season. His ERA is down to 3.27.
- Zack Greinke hasn’t made decision about opt-out 7
- Someone apparently got Jayson Werth’s autograph in jail 20
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 55
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 42
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 105
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (105)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (85)