Jul 17, 2012, 11:45 PM EDT
Back from the disabled list, CC Sabathia didn’t look like he missed a beat. Then again, the Yankees hardly missed one while he was gone.
Sabathia pitched scoreless ball into the seventh inning as the Yankees beat the Blue Jays 6-1 on Tuesday.
The AL East-leading Yankees went 12-6 while their ace was sidelined due to a groin strain.
Sabathia was sharp tonight even though he didn’t have the benefit of a rehab start. 66 of his 87 pitches were strikes. It couldn’t have hurt that Jose Bautista was nowhere to be found in the middle of the Toronto lineup. Bautista, though, is just 1-for-19 lifetime against Sabathia anyway.
With the victory, Sabathia improved to 10-3 on the season. His ERA is down to 3.27.
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 16
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 11
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 182
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 21
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 34
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 19
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry 87
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (182)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)