Jul 17, 2012, 11:45 PM EST
Back from the disabled list, CC Sabathia didn’t look like he missed a beat. Then again, the Yankees hardly missed one while he was gone.
Sabathia pitched scoreless ball into the seventh inning as the Yankees beat the Blue Jays 6-1 on Tuesday.
The AL East-leading Yankees went 12-6 while their ace was sidelined due to a groin strain.
Sabathia was sharp tonight even though he didn’t have the benefit of a rehab start. 66 of his 87 pitches were strikes. It couldn’t have hurt that Jose Bautista was nowhere to be found in the middle of the Toronto lineup. Bautista, though, is just 1-for-19 lifetime against Sabathia anyway.
With the victory, Sabathia improved to 10-3 on the season. His ERA is down to 3.27.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)