Jul 17, 2012, 3:01 PM EDT
It doesn’t sound like David Ortiz is doing so well. The Red Sox’ DH hurt himself last night and had his MRI today, but it sounds pretty ugly:
“They already did the MRI, and the doctors will give me the results this afternoon,” Ortiz told Enrique Rojas of ESPNdeportesLosAngeles.com. “I don’t have anything broken, but I’m in a lot of pain, and the heel is swollen.”
This is what happens when we let designated hitters run the bases. Please, think of the designated hitters and let pitchers bat.
The Red Sox have weathered a lot of injuries. But he’s one guy they simply can’t afford to lose for an extended period. It sounds fairly unlikely, however, that he’ll avoid a DL stint.
- Today is the Sox’ annual Patriot’s Day game. It’s more significant now than ever. 5
- Boswell: “Harper may be the Nats’ seventh-best player” 31
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 71
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 10
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 172
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (249)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (178)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)