Jul 17, 2012, 3:01 PM EDT
It doesn’t sound like David Ortiz is doing so well. The Red Sox’ DH hurt himself last night and had his MRI today, but it sounds pretty ugly:
“They already did the MRI, and the doctors will give me the results this afternoon,” Ortiz told Enrique Rojas of ESPNdeportesLosAngeles.com. “I don’t have anything broken, but I’m in a lot of pain, and the heel is swollen.”
This is what happens when we let designated hitters run the bases. Please, think of the designated hitters and let pitchers bat.
The Red Sox have weathered a lot of injuries. But he’s one guy they simply can’t afford to lose for an extended period. It sounds fairly unlikely, however, that he’ll avoid a DL stint.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (124)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (116)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (82)
- LIVE: Bruins-Rangers, Game 5
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect
- PST: Neymar reportedly set to join Barcelona