Jul 17, 2012, 12:03 PM EST
Yesterday we learned that Justin Upton has the Yankees, Red Sox, Cubs and Indians on his no-trade list. Today we learn that everything is negotiable:
Justin Upton has 4 teams on no-trade list, but agent Larry Reynolds said it would not preclude Upton from accepting a trade there. #Dbacks
— Bob Nightengale (@BNightengale) July 17, 2012
I still don’t get the reason for Cleveland being on there, but certainly the others might be there because they were viewed as likely landing spots in the event of a later trade and Upton wanted the leverage.
And above all else, I think that the Dbacks will regret it if they trade Upton.
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 22
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 153
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (166)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (100)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (87)