Jul 17, 2012, 12:03 PM EDT
Yesterday we learned that Justin Upton has the Yankees, Red Sox, Cubs and Indians on his no-trade list. Today we learn that everything is negotiable:
Justin Upton has 4 teams on no-trade list, but agent Larry Reynolds said it would not preclude Upton from accepting a trade there. #Dbacks
— Bob Nightengale (@BNightengale) July 17, 2012
I still don’t get the reason for Cleveland being on there, but certainly the others might be there because they were viewed as likely landing spots in the event of a later trade and Upton wanted the leverage.
And above all else, I think that the Dbacks will regret it if they trade Upton.
- Jon Niese bristles at the media reporting Dan Warthen’s racial slur — and I sorta understand why 41
- Jimmy Rollins on Ryne Sandberg: “Everyone is allowed to have their opinion. That doesn’t make it right.” 72
- Smart money on Hanley Ramirez, Jay Bruce in prop bets 24
- 2014 Preview: Kansas City Royals 17
- Kris Medlen expects to have another Tommy John surgery 13
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (102)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (95)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (89)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (84)