Jul 17, 2012, 12:03 PM EDT
Yesterday we learned that Justin Upton has the Yankees, Red Sox, Cubs and Indians on his no-trade list. Today we learn that everything is negotiable:
Justin Upton has 4 teams on no-trade list, but agent Larry Reynolds said it would not preclude Upton from accepting a trade there. #Dbacks
— Bob Nightengale (@BNightengale) July 17, 2012
I still don’t get the reason for Cleveland being on there, but certainly the others might be there because they were viewed as likely landing spots in the event of a later trade and Upton wanted the leverage.
And above all else, I think that the Dbacks will regret it if they trade Upton.
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 8
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 160
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 6
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 30
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (161)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)