Jul 17, 2012, 9:20 PM EDT
He eventually trotted down to first base and was able to run for himself, but the left fielder was lifted just a few frames later, before the bottom of the second.
According to Joe Strauss of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, Holliday has been diagnosed with a left thigh contusion. It’s not a serious injury, but the Cardinals could decide to play it safe and rest him during Wednesday afternoon’s series-finale with Milwaukee.
Holliday, 32, is batting .317/.394/.512 with 14 home runs and 49 RBI in 88 games played this season.
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 6
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 21
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 23
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 35
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 70
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 68
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)