Jul 17, 2012, 9:20 PM EST
He eventually trotted down to first base and was able to run for himself, but the left fielder was lifted just a few frames later, before the bottom of the second.
According to Joe Strauss of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, Holliday has been diagnosed with a left thigh contusion. It’s not a serious injury, but the Cardinals could decide to play it safe and rest him during Wednesday afternoon’s series-finale with Milwaukee.
Holliday, 32, is batting .317/.394/.512 with 14 home runs and 49 RBI in 88 games played this season.
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 14
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 59
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 142
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 25
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 29
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 38
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 90
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (142)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)