Jul 17, 2012, 9:20 PM EST
He eventually trotted down to first base and was able to run for himself, but the left fielder was lifted just a few frames later, before the bottom of the second.
According to Joe Strauss of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, Holliday has been diagnosed with a left thigh contusion. It’s not a serious injury, but the Cardinals could decide to play it safe and rest him during Wednesday afternoon’s series-finale with Milwaukee.
Holliday, 32, is batting .317/.394/.512 with 14 home runs and 49 RBI in 88 games played this season.
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 0
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 306
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (136)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)