Jul 17, 2012, 9:20 PM EDT
He eventually trotted down to first base and was able to run for himself, but the left fielder was lifted just a few frames later, before the bottom of the second.
According to Joe Strauss of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, Holliday has been diagnosed with a left thigh contusion. It’s not a serious injury, but the Cardinals could decide to play it safe and rest him during Wednesday afternoon’s series-finale with Milwaukee.
Holliday, 32, is batting .317/.394/.512 with 14 home runs and 49 RBI in 88 games played this season.
- Alex Rodriguez celebrates 40th birthday with a home run 0
- Mets acquire Tyler Clippard from the Athletics 17
- Angels acquire Shane Victorino from Red Sox 20
- Happy 40th Birthday, A-Rod! 43
- Craig Biggio, John Smoltz, Randy Johnson and Pedro Martinez inducted into the Hall of Fame 41
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 48
- Mike Trout hits two homers, including a grand slam, to take MLB lead 13
- Zack Greinke’s scoreless innings streak ends at 45 2/3 7
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (156)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- MLBPAA announces “Heart and Hustle” award, given mostly to Americans and white guys (131)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)