Jul 17, 2012, 9:20 PM EDT
He eventually trotted down to first base and was able to run for himself, but the left fielder was lifted just a few frames later, before the bottom of the second.
According to Joe Strauss of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, Holliday has been diagnosed with a left thigh contusion. It’s not a serious injury, but the Cardinals could decide to play it safe and rest him during Wednesday afternoon’s series-finale with Milwaukee.
Holliday, 32, is batting .317/.394/.512 with 14 home runs and 49 RBI in 88 games played this season.
- 2014 Preview: Chicago Cubs 1
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” 34
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 18
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 12