Missing you, ‘Cepts

Jul 17, 2012, 4:00 PM EDT

I still talk to our old friend Halladay’s Bicep[t]s on Twitter sometimes.  He sends me Phillies links. Then he begs me to un-ban him. Then we have these kinds of conversations following a report from Enrique Rojas of ESPN Deportes:

Not gonna lie. I miss the SOB sometimes. If I had a talk show on NBC Sports Network he’d be Larry “Bud” Melman to my Letterman.  But, unfortunately, this is also why he’s gonna stay banned. Because there’s no way those tweets don’t become part of the comments section and all hell breaks loose.

1. bouwel92 - Jul 17, 2012 at 8:32 PM

Im kinda new here so Craig, or somebody can yall please tell me who he is and why hes banned, itd be greatly appriciated.

• churchoftheperpetuallyoutraged - Jul 17, 2012 at 9:36 PM

Racist remarks, personal insults, the usual stuff that gets you banned. Craig was nice after ‘cepts asked for a second go around, lasted a few days and then he asked Craig to ban himself permanently because he would just go down his usual path.

• Kevin Gillman - Jul 17, 2012 at 11:40 PM

I don’t think I was around when he was here before. I guess I missed alot.

• stlouis1baseball - Jul 18, 2012 at 12:02 PM

Yeah…I forgot he actually requested the second (and permanent) ban himself.
        Quite telling actually.

2. raysfan1 - Jul 17, 2012 at 10:17 PM

I worried about the guy sometimes. Seemed to have no filter on what he would say and then no insight as to why he had just offended someone. In return he would get insulted at the inevitable reply, an voila, ” all Hell is breaking loose.”

3. dexterismyhero - Jul 18, 2012 at 2:44 PM

Maybe he just ran out of meds?

• dexterismyhero - Jul 18, 2012 at 2:44 PM

Or maybe he just ran into meds?

4. moogro - Jul 19, 2012 at 9:03 PM

Don’t let guilt influence your decision. Even though he is still a presence in your life, it is not your job to save him. He still has his life. We have things like yahoo! and much of the rest of the internet for knee-jerk reaction/drunk/stoned/childish/thoughtless/irrational/me first/provocative comments. I read HBT to get away from that stuff. Hasn’t Randy already taken his place?

Who's to blame for Cubs tarp fiasco?
  1. R. Castillo (3193)