Jul 17, 2012, 11:19 AM EST
Feliz showed some rust, walking two batters and needing 40 pitches to get through two frames, but also got four of his six outs via strikeouts and Richard Durrett of ESPN Dallas reports that his fastball was clocked in the mid-90s.
Because the Rangers are committed to bringing him back as a starter Feliz will have to build up arm strength and increase his pitch count before potentially coming off the disabled list. He’s scheduled to pitch three innings Friday, so if the Rangers stick with that type of gradual workload progression he seems likely to make a total of at least 3-4 starts in the minors.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (133)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)