Jul 17, 2012, 11:19 AM EDT
Feliz showed some rust, walking two batters and needing 40 pitches to get through two frames, but also got four of his six outs via strikeouts and Richard Durrett of ESPN Dallas reports that his fastball was clocked in the mid-90s.
Because the Rangers are committed to bringing him back as a starter Feliz will have to build up arm strength and increase his pitch count before potentially coming off the disabled list. He’s scheduled to pitch three innings Friday, so if the Rangers stick with that type of gradual workload progression he seems likely to make a total of at least 3-4 starts in the minors.
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 26
- Breaking: The Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 89
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 63
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 106
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 76
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 76
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 74
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 49
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)