Jul 17, 2012, 1:48 PM EDT
As expected the Phillies have activated Roy Halladay from the disabled list after the two-time Cy Young winner missed the past seven weeks with a shoulder injury.
Halladay, who had a 3.98 ERA and 56/14 K/BB ratio in 72 innings before the injury, will start tonight against the Dodgers in Los Angeles. He tuned up for the return start by throwing three innings of one-run ball at Single-A last week, striking out four and walking none.
Returning after just one rehab appearance likely means Halladay will be on a pitch count initially.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)