Jul 17, 2012, 5:47 PM EST
In the span of four season Scott Kazmir went from 24-year-old All-Star to being out of the big leagues and now pitching for the independent league Sugarland Skeeters.
And as Sam Miller of Baseball Prospectus notes, Kazmir can’t even get those hitters out.
Yesterday he lasted just one inning, coughing up six runs on six hits, two walks, and a hit batter.
At age 24 he was striking out 10 batters per nine innings in the majors and at age 28 he’s getting knocked around by Atlantic League hitters. What a shame.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (109)