Jul 17, 2012, 5:47 PM EDT
In the span of four season Scott Kazmir went from 24-year-old All-Star to being out of the big leagues and now pitching for the independent league Sugarland Skeeters.
And as Sam Miller of Baseball Prospectus notes, Kazmir can’t even get those hitters out.
Yesterday he lasted just one inning, coughing up six runs on six hits, two walks, and a hit batter.
At age 24 he was striking out 10 batters per nine innings in the majors and at age 28 he’s getting knocked around by Atlantic League hitters. What a shame.
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 14
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 6
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 39
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 49
- VIDEO: The Yankees turned a triple play against the Rays 24
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)