Jul 17, 2012, 5:47 PM EST
In the span of four season Scott Kazmir went from 24-year-old All-Star to being out of the big leagues and now pitching for the independent league Sugarland Skeeters.
And as Sam Miller of Baseball Prospectus notes, Kazmir can’t even get those hitters out.
Yesterday he lasted just one inning, coughing up six runs on six hits, two walks, and a hit batter.
At age 24 he was striking out 10 batters per nine innings in the majors and at age 28 he’s getting knocked around by Atlantic League hitters. What a shame.
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 10
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 55
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 141
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 24
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 29
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 37
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 90
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (141)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)