Jul 17, 2012, 11:05 AM EST
CBSSports.com’s Jon Heyman reports that the Diamondbacks, Dodgers, Indians, Orioles, Pirates and at least two other teams have “some level of interest in” Padres third baseman Chase Headley.
There are now six teams in trade discussions with Padres regarding Chase Headley who in all likelihood will be dealt by deadline
— JIM BOWDEN (@JimBowdenESPNxm) July 17, 2012
Someone’s out. Or, possibly, all of this trade rumor stuff is an inexact science.
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 6
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 12
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 25
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 33
- Media paying for athlete interviews? Not likely. But watch this stuff closely anyway. 20
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)