Jul 17, 2012, 10:31 AM EDT
Get the Yankees involved in this deal and we can do another blockbuster! Rosenthal:
The Detroit Tigers have shown interest in Arizona Diamondbacks infielders Stephen Drew and Ryan Roberts, major-league sources told FOXSports.com … It’s not clear how advanced the talks are, but sources say there has been dialogue between the clubs on scenarios involving one or both players.
Drew has only played a handful of games since coming back from a broken ankle and the Tigers have a shortstop in Jhonny Peralta who is having a down year (he’s probably the most yo-yoing player in the game, so no surprise), so that seems like a weird matchup, trade-wise. The key here is likely Roberts, who while pretty terrible, is still a second base upgrade for the Tigers. Heck, bringing back Dick McAuliffe would be an upgrade for them and he’s 72 years-old.
Anyway, I don’t get this. Maybe I get it better if we’re sure that Drew is going to be good and healthy and mobile again, but in the meantime, someone please enlighten me.
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 21
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 77
- MLB “actively studying” fan safety; Phillies plan to expand netting at Citizens Bank Park 26
- Marlins might move in and lower the fences at Marlins Park 25
- Astros beat the suddenly skidding Yankees, top last year’s win total 30
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week 131
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” 90
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 76
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (198)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (131)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)
- Let’s all argue about team chemistry again (118)