Jul 17, 2012, 10:31 AM EST
Get the Yankees involved in this deal and we can do another blockbuster! Rosenthal:
The Detroit Tigers have shown interest in Arizona Diamondbacks infielders Stephen Drew and Ryan Roberts, major-league sources told FOXSports.com … It’s not clear how advanced the talks are, but sources say there has been dialogue between the clubs on scenarios involving one or both players.
Drew has only played a handful of games since coming back from a broken ankle and the Tigers have a shortstop in Jhonny Peralta who is having a down year (he’s probably the most yo-yoing player in the game, so no surprise), so that seems like a weird matchup, trade-wise. The key here is likely Roberts, who while pretty terrible, is still a second base upgrade for the Tigers. Heck, bringing back Dick McAuliffe would be an upgrade for them and he’s 72 years-old.
Anyway, I don’t get this. Maybe I get it better if we’re sure that Drew is going to be good and healthy and mobile again, but in the meantime, someone please enlighten me.
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 83
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 47
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 35
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 145
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)