Jul 17, 2012, 10:31 AM EDT
Get the Yankees involved in this deal and we can do another blockbuster! Rosenthal:
The Detroit Tigers have shown interest in Arizona Diamondbacks infielders Stephen Drew and Ryan Roberts, major-league sources told FOXSports.com … It’s not clear how advanced the talks are, but sources say there has been dialogue between the clubs on scenarios involving one or both players.
Drew has only played a handful of games since coming back from a broken ankle and the Tigers have a shortstop in Jhonny Peralta who is having a down year (he’s probably the most yo-yoing player in the game, so no surprise), so that seems like a weird matchup, trade-wise. The key here is likely Roberts, who while pretty terrible, is still a second base upgrade for the Tigers. Heck, bringing back Dick McAuliffe would be an upgrade for them and he’s 72 years-old.
Anyway, I don’t get this. Maybe I get it better if we’re sure that Drew is going to be good and healthy and mobile again, but in the meantime, someone please enlighten me.
- Angels activate Garrett Richards for Sunday debut 0
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 21
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 9
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 34
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)