Jul 17, 2012, 10:31 AM EDT
Get the Yankees involved in this deal and we can do another blockbuster! Rosenthal:
The Detroit Tigers have shown interest in Arizona Diamondbacks infielders Stephen Drew and Ryan Roberts, major-league sources told FOXSports.com … It’s not clear how advanced the talks are, but sources say there has been dialogue between the clubs on scenarios involving one or both players.
Drew has only played a handful of games since coming back from a broken ankle and the Tigers have a shortstop in Jhonny Peralta who is having a down year (he’s probably the most yo-yoing player in the game, so no surprise), so that seems like a weird matchup, trade-wise. The key here is likely Roberts, who while pretty terrible, is still a second base upgrade for the Tigers. Heck, bringing back Dick McAuliffe would be an upgrade for them and he’s 72 years-old.
Anyway, I don’t get this. Maybe I get it better if we’re sure that Drew is going to be good and healthy and mobile again, but in the meantime, someone please enlighten me.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 0
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 22
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 22
- Jenrry Mejia gets 162-game ban for second failed PED test 42
- Nationals, Phillies agree to Jonathan Papelbon trade 63
- The Hall of Fame just made a MAJOR change to the Hall of Fame voting process 75
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s 92
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)