Woman accused of stalking Theo Epstein

Jul 17, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT

Theo Epstein stalker

He’s not with the Red Sox anymore, but it seems that Theo is STILL in competition with Brian Cashman

A Massachusetts woman was arrested in Wrigleyville Monday night and charged with stalking Chicago Cubs President of Baseball Operations Theo Epstein. Kathleen Kearney, 44, from Canton, Mass., was charged with two felony counts of stalking, according to police News Affairs Officer Laura Kubiak.

In all seriousness, scary stuff.

1. klink6224 - Jul 17, 2012 at 10:05 AM

Very scary anyone that used a backyard tablecloth as a shirt is definitely unstable

• CJ - Jul 17, 2012 at 10:09 AM

that a backyard table cloth or an 80s curtain? it’s hard to tell.

• anythingbutyanks - Jul 17, 2012 at 10:14 AM

Given the hair, clothes, pose, etc, I first thought that this picture was a stock 80’s photo, but there is no reason to post such a photo.

• fearlessleader - Jul 17, 2012 at 11:10 AM

Never fails—post a photo of a woman on the internet, and the dudebros show up in droves to rank her bangability or nonbangability, because that’s totally what’s relevant here. Jesus.

• heyblueyoustink - Jul 17, 2012 at 11:20 AM

Fine, not being shallow and sexist, I believe her personality might be suspect as well.

• Jonny 5 - Jul 17, 2012 at 11:26 AM

It’s funny, nobody you are commenting to said one word about anything but her very ugly shirt. Who’s the dudebro?

• davidpom50 - Jul 17, 2012 at 11:31 AM

Yeah, it’s not like just yesterday there was an article that poked a little fun at how certain men (scouts, to be specific) dressed. The woman’s attire is ridiculous and worthy of jokes.

• CJ - Jul 17, 2012 at 11:33 AM

Jonny, it’s ok dudebro, you’d act the same way if we made fun of your mom. Actually, who am I kidding? If your mom looked like that’s you’d probably join in on the fun too.

• fearlessleader - Jul 17, 2012 at 11:35 AM

Jonny 5, I was reacting to the entire page, as I’m sure you’re clever enough to have figured out.

• Jonny 5 - Jul 17, 2012 at 12:41 PM

I’m nowhere near clever.

• paperlions - Jul 17, 2012 at 1:04 PM

I can confirm Johnny’s contention about his lack of cleverness. It’s true.

• cur68 - Jul 17, 2012 at 1:25 PM

Seconded on J5’s clever status. See, we can say this stuff to him. He’s our dudebro.

2. number42is1 - Jul 17, 2012 at 10:15 AM

How come the crazy ones cant be hot as well? seriously… between this one and the cashman one not a looker in the bunch….

• CJ - Jul 17, 2012 at 10:17 AM

small sample size? or is that what she said…

3. heyblueyoustink - Jul 17, 2012 at 10:18 AM

I have a whole new respect for General Managers: you have to deal with ball players and try to explain to the what they’re worth without hurting anyone’s feeling but, at the same time not overpaying for them, no matter what you do a portion of the fan base is going to be upset with you. Your position is very much replacable, sometimes on a whim.

And you don’t even get decent looking groupies to stalk you.

Just awful.

• kopy - Jul 17, 2012 at 10:20 AM

Maybe the good-looking ones don’t get caught, or the GMs don’t press charges?

There may still be hope.

• heyblueyoustink - Jul 17, 2012 at 10:26 AM

You might be right. Still though, I feel for them. This is something Chaucer could have had a field day with: ” The Frightful Stalker of Theo “.

4. psousa1 - Jul 17, 2012 at 10:39 AM

Maybe she just wanted to talk to him about the Edgar Renteria, Julio Lugo, John Lackey and Carl Crawford signings. Then again he would just blame them on someone else anyway.

5. deathmonkey41 - Jul 17, 2012 at 10:40 AM

Okay, so from the information I’ve gathered from the Cashman and Epstein cases, General Managers usually don’t get stalked by hot chicks.

• Francisco (FC) - Jul 17, 2012 at 10:55 AM

No, when they got stalked by Hot Chicks we don’t hear about it. When it’s terrible looking ones they get arrested.

6. uyf1950 - Jul 17, 2012 at 11:04 AM

I didn’t think it was possible for any woman to be uglier then the woman that was trying to blackmail Cashman. Apparently I couldn’t have been more wrong. This woman is ugggggggly. And that’s my opinion.

• ajcardsfan - Jul 17, 2012 at 1:00 PM

You sir are “Shallow and Pedantic”

(Never thought I’d get a chance to use that phrase)

• uyf1950 - Jul 17, 2012 at 4:27 PM

Thank you, apparently so are the 6 other fans that agreed with my comment. I do find solace in the fact that only 2 others agreed with you. That’s assuming that you didn’t give yourself a thumbs up. In that case only 1 other person liked what you said. Have a good day.

7. bigleagues - Jul 17, 2012 at 11:39 AM

I can’t help but consider what a young Kathleen Kearney must have been like?

And . . . from a purely psychological standpoint . . . was her Father distant and difficult to get close to?

I mean, short of being certifiably cuckoo . . . what drives someone to not filter their choices to the point of being arrested for stalking?

And is voluntary coitus with an obsessed stalker better? Worse? Or neutral?

Damn it! We need answers to these questions.

• cur68 - Jul 17, 2012 at 12:35 PM

I think all answers can be found in a casual viewing of Fatal Attraction, the movie otherwise known as The Crazy Lady’s Guide To Obsession. Now I try to keep an open mind about stuff, but stalking people is plain weird. By the time it gets to arrest you’ve probably been told to get lost by the stalkee. Surely you can take a hint? Dogging the guy isn’t going to change his opinion of you or his stance re. a relationship with you. What’s really sad about that picture is that its not like she was trying to hide or anything. How could she in that get up, unless she was planning to lurk a hydrangea bush. Clearly the lady is mentally unwell and needs help, not incarceration. I hope she gets it.

8. sgtr0c - Jul 17, 2012 at 11:42 AM

Very scarey. But even worse is she is sporting a 1980’s hair style. Maybe she has been obsessed with Theo for over thirty years and hasn’t picked up a magazine or anything ….

9. ashipinharbor - Jul 17, 2012 at 11:53 AM

When Spaced went off the air, Marsha needed something to do…

10. mybrunoblog - Jul 17, 2012 at 12:29 PM

I see a lot of joke posted and it’s fine. This is baseball blog and we come here for a laugh but I’ll tell you this.
    This situation is as serious as a heart attack. I believe this is the same woman who was stalking Epstein in Boston. Now she travels half way across the country to continue the stalk? Obviously this is a disturbed individual who could be capable of anything. Fortunately, a guy like Epstein has the financial resources to provide the appropriate level of security for him and his family. However even with that in mind it can’t be very comfortable going through life knowing this woman is out there.

11. anxovies - Jul 17, 2012 at 12:42 PM

It’s only fair. Cashman had his stalker so Theo should get his own. How about putting their pictures side by side tomorrow so we can vote?

12. stevem7 - Jul 17, 2012 at 3:08 PM

Between Theo and Brian you have to say they both sure have an eye for the ladies. We are extremely indebted to Theo and Brian for keeping these two away from the mainstream male world.

13. drewzducks - Jul 17, 2012 at 3:12 PM

I thought Linda Lovelace was dead ?

14. lostsok - Jul 18, 2012 at 2:26 AM

Wait, is that Molly Rome? I thought she was a Steelers fan…

Patience finally paying off for Royals fans
  1. R. Castillo (3432)