Jul 17, 2012, 2:03 PM EDT
The Nationals have the best rotation in the game, but Ken Rosenthal reports that that’s not stopping them from wanting to get better:
The team is exploring trades for starting pitchers, including Cubs right-hander Ryan Dempster, according to major-league sources.
They’re serious about shutting down Stephen Strasburg, it seems. And even if they aren’t, when was the last time there truly was a team with too much starting pitching?
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (132)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)