Jul 17, 2012, 2:03 PM EDT
The Nationals have the best rotation in the game, but Ken Rosenthal reports that that’s not stopping them from wanting to get better:
The team is exploring trades for starting pitchers, including Cubs right-hander Ryan Dempster, according to major-league sources.
They’re serious about shutting down Stephen Strasburg, it seems. And even if they aren’t, when was the last time there truly was a team with too much starting pitching?
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 7
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 85
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 54
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20