Jul 17, 2012, 2:03 PM EDT
The Nationals have the best rotation in the game, but Ken Rosenthal reports that that’s not stopping them from wanting to get better:
The team is exploring trades for starting pitchers, including Cubs right-hander Ryan Dempster, according to major-league sources.
They’re serious about shutting down Stephen Strasburg, it seems. And even if they aren’t, when was the last time there truly was a team with too much starting pitching?
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” 0
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 18
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 12
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Brandon Phillips: “How the [expletive] am I declining?” (61)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)