Jul 17, 2012, 2:03 PM EST
The Nationals have the best rotation in the game, but Ken Rosenthal reports that that’s not stopping them from wanting to get better:
The team is exploring trades for starting pitchers, including Cubs right-hander Ryan Dempster, according to major-league sources.
They’re serious about shutting down Stephen Strasburg, it seems. And even if they aren’t, when was the last time there truly was a team with too much starting pitching?
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)