Jul 18, 2012, 11:33 AM EDT
Before last night, the last time Adam Dunn stole a base the Eliot Spitzer sex scandal was big news. Bear Stearns and Lehman Brothers still existed. “Single Ladies” and “I kissed a girl” were big hits. It was 2008, and it seems so long ago.
But he did it against the Red Sox. Watch it here.
I don’t care if Saltalamachhia dropped the ball. There’s no excuse on the planet for allowing Dunn steal a base. If he even looked like he was thinking about it — and I’m guessing the long stare by Jon Lester at him suggests he was — one throw over and he’d be gassed by having to get back to the bag.
Really, I hope the Red Sox’ kangaroo court fines everyone involved here the maximum amount allowed under the kangaroo laws. Adam Dunn should not be allowed to steal a base, ever.
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 7
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 126
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 19
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 34
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 32
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 19
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry 87
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 30
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (134)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)