Jul 18, 2012, 11:33 AM EDT
Before last night, the last time Adam Dunn stole a base the Eliot Spitzer sex scandal was big news. Bear Stearns and Lehman Brothers still existed. “Single Ladies” and “I kissed a girl” were big hits. It was 2008, and it seems so long ago.
But he did it against the Red Sox. Watch it here.
I don’t care if Saltalamachhia dropped the ball. There’s no excuse on the planet for allowing Dunn steal a base. If he even looked like he was thinking about it — and I’m guessing the long stare by Jon Lester at him suggests he was — one throw over and he’d be gassed by having to get back to the bag.
Really, I hope the Red Sox’ kangaroo court fines everyone involved here the maximum amount allowed under the kangaroo laws. Adam Dunn should not be allowed to steal a base, ever.
- Dodgers acquire Mat Latos and Michael Morse from Marlins 21
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 36
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 46
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 31
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 24
- Jenrry Mejia gets 162-game ban for second failed PED test 51
- Nationals, Phillies agree to Jonathan Papelbon trade 64
- The Hall of Fame just made a MAJOR change to the Hall of Fame voting process 76
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)