Jul 18, 2012, 11:33 AM EDT
Before last night, the last time Adam Dunn stole a base the Eliot Spitzer sex scandal was big news. Bear Stearns and Lehman Brothers still existed. “Single Ladies” and “I kissed a girl” were big hits. It was 2008, and it seems so long ago.
But he did it against the Red Sox. Watch it here.
I don’t care if Saltalamachhia dropped the ball. There’s no excuse on the planet for allowing Dunn steal a base. If he even looked like he was thinking about it — and I’m guessing the long stare by Jon Lester at him suggests he was — one throw over and he’d be gassed by having to get back to the bag.
Really, I hope the Red Sox’ kangaroo court fines everyone involved here the maximum amount allowed under the kangaroo laws. Adam Dunn should not be allowed to steal a base, ever.
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 7
- Astros shut down George Springer for the season 0
- The Blue Jays will make a qualifying offer to Melky Cabrera 17
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 34
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 42
- VIDEO: Jacob deGrom begins game with eight straight strikeouts to tie MLB record 11
- Bud Selig says MLB and players union will meet this week about domestic abuse policy 8
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 67
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)