Jul 18, 2012, 11:33 AM EST
Before last night, the last time Adam Dunn stole a base the Eliot Spitzer sex scandal was big news. Bear Stearns and Lehman Brothers still existed. “Single Ladies” and “I kissed a girl” were big hits. It was 2008, and it seems so long ago.
But he did it against the Red Sox. Watch it here.
I don’t care if Saltalamachhia dropped the ball. There’s no excuse on the planet for allowing Dunn steal a base. If he even looked like he was thinking about it — and I’m guessing the long stare by Jon Lester at him suggests he was — one throw over and he’d be gassed by having to get back to the bag.
Really, I hope the Red Sox’ kangaroo court fines everyone involved here the maximum amount allowed under the kangaroo laws. Adam Dunn should not be allowed to steal a base, ever.
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 31
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 40
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 63
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 28
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (118)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)