Jul 18, 2012, 4:31 PM EDT
Police in the Columbus suburb had reported clocking Chapman at 93 mph on Interstate 71. They found that his Kentucky driver’s license was suspended.
His attorney Michael King entered Chapman’s guilty plea Wednesday to going 83 mph in a 65 mph zone, with the suspension charge dismissed. King says the $150 fine and $89 in costs have been paid.
Hey, I had a case with that Michael King guy once! Eh, moving right along.
Chapman will pay a $150 fine. We have still never heard any word about that weird tied up woman in the hotel room thing. We probably haven’t heard about all manner of sinister plots involving baseball’s Keyser Soze.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 141
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 66
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (159)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)