Jul 18, 2012, 4:31 PM EDT
Police in the Columbus suburb had reported clocking Chapman at 93 mph on Interstate 71. They found that his Kentucky driver’s license was suspended.
His attorney Michael King entered Chapman’s guilty plea Wednesday to going 83 mph in a 65 mph zone, with the suspension charge dismissed. King says the $150 fine and $89 in costs have been paid.
Hey, I had a case with that Michael King guy once! Eh, moving right along.
Chapman will pay a $150 fine. We have still never heard any word about that weird tied up woman in the hotel room thing. We probably haven’t heard about all manner of sinister plots involving baseball’s Keyser Soze.
- Playoff Reset: The American League Wild Card Game 17
- REPORT: The Astros to name A.J. Hinch their new manager today 20
- Twins fire manager Ron Gardenhire 35
- Pouliot’s 2014 American League awards picks 19
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs 79
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 84
- Reds beat Pirates behind Johnny Cueto, hand National League Central title to St. Louis 20
- Video: Steven Souza Jr. makes sensational catch to secure Jordan Zimmermann’s no-no 24
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (84)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (79)
- Bud Selig says A-Rod will “have a clean slate” once his suspension is over (78)