Jul 18, 2012, 2:53 PM EDT
Update: X-rays on Lawrie’s calf were negative, so the injury is being called a bruise.
Lawrie was able to get up immediately after the fall, but he was in obvious pain due to a leg injury. He was helped back into the dugout and into the clubhouse afterwards. The Blue Jays said he’d be taken in for precautionary X-rays on his right calf.
Losing Lawrie would be another big blow with Jose Bautista already down for the Jays. Yan Gomes would probably be called up to help fill in for him.
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 36
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 37
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 6
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 6
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 56
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 13
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)