Jul 18, 2012, 2:53 PM EDT
Update: X-rays on Lawrie’s calf were negative, so the injury is being called a bruise.
Lawrie was able to get up immediately after the fall, but he was in obvious pain due to a leg injury. He was helped back into the dugout and into the clubhouse afterwards. The Blue Jays said he’d be taken in for precautionary X-rays on his right calf.
Losing Lawrie would be another big blow with Jose Bautista already down for the Jays. Yan Gomes would probably be called up to help fill in for him.
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 0
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 3
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 5
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 28
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 21
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 88
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 59
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (88)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)