Jul 18, 2012, 2:53 PM EDT
Update: X-rays on Lawrie’s calf were negative, so the injury is being called a bruise.
Lawrie was able to get up immediately after the fall, but he was in obvious pain due to a leg injury. He was helped back into the dugout and into the clubhouse afterwards. The Blue Jays said he’d be taken in for precautionary X-rays on his right calf.
Losing Lawrie would be another big blow with Jose Bautista already down for the Jays. Yan Gomes would probably be called up to help fill in for him.
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 17
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 22
- Jenrry Mejia gets 162-game ban for second failed PED test 29
- Nationals, Phillies agree to Jonathan Papelbon trade 58
- The Hall of Fame just made a MAJOR change to the Hall of Fame voting process 73
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s 86
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- The Troy Tulowitzki trade might be the strangest deadline deal ever 40
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)