Jul 18, 2012, 2:53 PM EST
Update: X-rays on Lawrie’s calf were negative, so the injury is being called a bruise.
Lawrie was able to get up immediately after the fall, but he was in obvious pain due to a leg injury. He was helped back into the dugout and into the clubhouse afterwards. The Blue Jays said he’d be taken in for precautionary X-rays on his right calf.
Losing Lawrie would be another big blow with Jose Bautista already down for the Jays. Yan Gomes would probably be called up to help fill in for him.
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 18
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 28
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 85
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 48
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 35
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)